Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Trying to conceive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Trying to conceive

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant with our second child. It took 4 months for our daughter to be conceived, which she is now 30 months old. I stopped taking birth control exactly 1year ago because we knew we wanted another child and it took 6 months just to get a period after I stopped taking it before conceiving our first child. So this time I started my period  right away but the y were very irregular (27-42 days). Its now been the 8th month of trying and still nothing. The last 3 months I've even become more regular (approx 33 days) using an ovulation tracker kit, and having intercourse pretty much everyday for 2-3 weeks straight. The strips test positive so it appears as if Im ovulating, but Im concerned that as much and as long as we've been trying there might be something wrong. I know you need a year of trying before going to the doctor, but any ideas/suggestions on what to do or what could be the problem?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
Since you have been trying for 8 months without success, you can consult a gynaecologist for a basic evaluation. An examination and an ultrasound scan can be done to see if there is any problem like PCOS, in view with the delayed menses.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.