confused about my progesterone results
im on my first round of clomid 50mg i had to take them on day 2-6 of my cycle and had two blood tests done one on day 19 and the other on day 22 my day 19 progesterone came back at 21 and my day 22 progesterone came back at 47 is this good news or bad news as im not sure? i did a pregnancy test but it came bk negative but the docs think its to early and have took more blood to check my progesterone levels once again. any replys would be greatly appreciated
Progesterone levels differ considerably from cycle to cycle and woman to woman depending on whether she is non-pregnant or pregnant. A normal woman can have progesterone levels between 1-28 during a menstrual cycle. On an average in the midluteal phase progesterone in a non-pregnant patient is 8 to 10 and the higher limit is 20 ng/ml. In a pregnancy cycle, it should be greater than 10 to 12 ng/ml which is associated with a better chance of a good pregnancy outcome .The levels keep rising as pregnancy progresses. You have taken the pregnancy test too early. You may need to repeat it after consulting your gynecologist. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!