Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
endometrial biopsy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

endometrial biopsy

Has anyone had an endometrial biopsy? I had one three days ago and I have been lightly spotting ever since which I was told is normal. Today though, it has gotten heavier. Not terribly heavy, but heavier than it has been, and for that to happen on the third day I thought was kind of strange. Could the procedure cause your period to come a few days earlier? My period is supposed to come in two or three days and is never early. I'm just hoping that it is nothing I should be concerned about. Thank you.

Carisa
Avatar n tn
At what stage of fertility treatment are you??? I ask because I haven't had an endo biop. and was wondering at what stage they choose to do this procedure. What other tests have you had done?
Avatar n tn
The endometrial biopsy was the first test they did on me.  I don't know why.  I had some serious cramps right afterword and spotting, too, but the spotting and cramps had stopped by the end of the day.  I've been ttc for 5 years now, seeing an RE for 3.  Babydust to ya'll
I have been going through ALL of the tests for about a year. I have had 2 HSGs, 1 laparoscopy, several blood tests, ultrasounds, done some IUIs, and now in a couple of weeks now I will be starting my first IVF cycle. My husband has also done a few semen analysis. I am considered an "unexplained infertility case." I am very excited. The endometrial biopsy was the very last procedure. They were looking for a lack of protein, progesterone, and estrogen in my endometrial lining. I had never heard of that infertility test until I came to my IVF clinic. They are the ones that performed the test. Good luck with on your infertility journey. I know how hard and tiring it is. Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Carisa
Avatar n tn
I am awaiting the good or bad news 1 1/2 weeks to go, if things haven't worked out for us, then I will bring this procedure up,  as I know what my problem is but I want to make sure there is nothing more.