Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
endometrial biopsy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

endometrial biopsy

Has anyone had an endometrial biopsy? I had one three days ago and I have been lightly spotting ever since which I was told is normal. Today though, it has gotten heavier. Not terribly heavy, but heavier than it has been, and for that to happen on the third day I thought was kind of strange. Could the procedure cause your period to come a few days earlier? My period is supposed to come in two or three days and is never early. I'm just hoping that it is nothing I should be concerned about. Thank you.

Carisa
At what stage of fertility treatment are you??? I ask because I haven't had an endo biop. and was wondering at what stage they choose to do this procedure. What other tests have you had done?
The endometrial biopsy was the first test they did on me.  I don't know why.  I had some serious cramps right afterword and spotting, too, but the spotting and cramps had stopped by the end of the day.  I've been ttc for 5 years now, seeing an RE for 3.  Babydust to ya'll
I have been going through ALL of the tests for about a year. I have had 2 HSGs, 1 laparoscopy, several blood tests, ultrasounds, done some IUIs, and now in a couple of weeks now I will be starting my first IVF cycle. My husband has also done a few semen analysis. I am considered an "unexplained infertility case." I am very excited. The endometrial biopsy was the very last procedure. They were looking for a lack of protein, progesterone, and estrogen in my endometrial lining. I had never heard of that infertility test until I came to my IVF clinic. They are the ones that performed the test. Good luck with on your infertility journey. I know how hard and tiring it is. Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Carisa
I am awaiting the good or bad news 1 1/2 weeks to go, if things haven't worked out for us, then I will bring this procedure up,  as I know what my problem is but I want to make sure there is nothing more.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers