Fibromyalgia Community
Any of these symptoms sound familiar?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Any of these symptoms sound familiar?

Hi All~
I wanted to see if anyone else has symptoms similar to mine and see if they have gotten any diagnosis other than Fibromyalgia.
All over pain ~ some days worse than others ~ from fingers to toes ~ everywhere..
Extreme dry eyes ~ had test at eye doctor and he said it was severe.
Extreme dry mouth.
EXTREME anxiety. I can make myself have a panic attack and faint pretty much on cue.
Numbness and tingling in hands ~ especially at night.
On and off heat sensations in left thigh area.
Urinary and menstrual problems.
I am 41 and the pain started in my hands around age 35 and gets progressively worse each year.
Does anyone else feel this way?
~ thank you!
I have alot of these symptoms plus but you have to get tested for just about everything before they can say it is fibromyalgia since alot of other things can produce symptoms such as autoimmune disorders.I  have had emg,eeg,nerve conduction,whole autoimmune pannel,cbc,cortisol,allergy,hiv,thyroid,ecg,ekg,probably some more I forgot about and nothing.There fore they say it is fibromyalgia.My pain is alot worse when I lay down and I sometimes wake up in the middle of night with serve pain especially in my knees.
Thank you for answering nana. I have had most of the tests you have posted as well. It gets tiring after a while! I am going to a new rheumy at the end of april so hopefully he can shed some light onto what is going on. ; /
If you find out what it could be will you post it? I am not okay with not knowing for sure what it is.
Have they tested you for lupus and/or Sjogren's?  A lot of the symptoms you describe could be attributed to those - especially the extreme dry eyes and mouth (Sjogren's).

It's also quite common to have lupus (or other autoimmune) diseases along with fibro, so you could defniitely be looking at more than one diagnosis.

Best of luck
I have never been tested for anything else, just told that I probably have fibro.  I have extreme dry eye, dry mouth, constantly drinking, I have had tingling and pain in my hand and wrists sense 2002 they diagnosed it as tendinitis then though and minor carpal tunnel.  I do have that all over body pain and fatigue, very tender to the touch if you poke me anywhere I will fill it for at least 10 min.  I occasionally will have pain in my upper chest near my shoulders, sometimes debilitating pain when I take a deep breath, or try to move my arms and head,  I have had that happen since I was 18.  I can have out of nowhere, and I mean nowhere, stabbing pains to my sides that take my breath away, to feeling like my foot ankle is broken, nothing wrong with it but I can't put any pressure on it.  The strangest thing I tell you, knees the same to, be fine one minute and the next out of nowhere I can't put any pressure on it or walk.  It may last anywhere from 1 minute to a week.  After 3 days I get really tired of it and I start to think of ways to give it a reason to hurt.  
I have some of the same things.I get really thirsty at night and the pain and heaviness comes and goes.I have had alot of tests that turn up nothing.

I have those symptoms +++. My hands are also very sore. I used to work as a Veterinary Technologist  and when I would pull blood my hands would be so sore and then they would "lock" in position and I couldn't get them to open again for awhile. Very frustrating.My arms andshoulders would also be extremely sore. I got painful periods before my historectomy at age 30 ( I'm now 41), have had a bladder repair and 1/2 my thyroid removed. I've gotten different diagnosis for each of these symptoms and for many other symptoms as well. The only one diagnosis that fits all my symptoms however is fibromyalgia.

Have you ever had an ANA test done?
Hi ~ yes I had the ANA done and it came back normal. I just went to my new rheumatologist today and he is sending me to a neurologist for MRI's. He said alot of my bladder, IC problems go hand in hand with FMS, along with the Sjogren's. This stuff is so weird. I was fine yesterday and today my hands are in so much pain and a raw nerve spot is on the back of my neck again. He thinks maybe I should retry the savella ~ but this time without being on the zoloft. I am scared though because I was like a crazed maniac on it! Althought he 7 pound weight loss was a bonus!
ana tests were negative on me too.It is storming here and the pain is worse today more so when I move around.
Storms suck. We've had them here on and off for 3 days. Whenever the pressure builds up it does it in my head-migraines. I also swell everywhere  and my hads are really sore.

Storms suck.
A positive ANA test isn't always positive in people with fibromyalgia but it sometimes is. I'm not familiar with savella or zoloft but I agree the weight loss would be a bonus. lol

I have a lot of bladder issues as well that I am sure are related to fibro.

Do you have "nap"jerks and restless legs?