Fibromyalgia Community
Concerned about Lyrica
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Concerned about Lyrica

I'm confused and don't know where to begin. All I can say is that I was diagnosed with having fibromyalgia in October 2012. Started taking Lyrica at a very low dose 50mg 3x a day via my primary care physician. Within the 4 months that I've taken it, it has been increased to 400mg~200mg morning, 200mg bedtime. Began feeling "high" and wanted to get off of it. So, with the last doctor's with permission, was told that I could stop taking it. Been having crying spells a lot. Been off of it for 9 days. Was prescribed the generic brand of Neurontin 100mg Was advised by my Psychiatrist to increase dosage of Neurontin to 300mg on Friday. Still having crying spells. Was told that I was going through withdrawal symptoms from the Lyrica. Can this be possible even though I was taking Lyrica for a short period of time? Sorry if this does not make sense. Have been seen by a few doctor's, gone through many tests, the list goes on........
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi. I have heard that lyrica can be very difficult to come off of. I don't have any experience with it myself. I am allergic to it. I do take gabapentin. The generic neurontin. It is amazing for my pain. My doctor had me on 300mg 3x a day. I got so depressed I couldn't function. Not to mention I gained 14 pounds in 2 months. I went down to 300mg 2x a day. I still was so lethargic. What good is it to not have pain if you still don't get off the couch. I have since gone to 300mg at bedtime. I take norco 10/325 during the day. The depression has lifted and my pain is manageable. Hope this helps.
Blank
In a word ... yes, going off Lyrica can give you crying spells. Would think your Dr(s) would have cautioned you about stopping suddenly.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...