Fibromyalgia Community
Does fibromalygia(fibromyalgia) ever go away

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Hi my question is does fibromyalgia ever go away? i was 19 when i was diagnosed. 2 years ago. I just dont get i it i was so fit and active and incredibly strong. I could bench press 110kg! my question is has anyone ever heard of it naturally dissipating over time, or am i stuck with it forever? and if i'm stuck with it forever what drugs or treatment should i take to get better inner peace?
Fibromyalgia is not something that will go away, but it is something that can be managed with good eating, exercise, stress and medication or supplement management. It's a good idea to see a "Fibro-Friendly" Rheumatologist at least once or twice per year to make sure you are taking proper care of yourself. He or she can map out the perfect plan based on your specific needs. I would ask for a referral from your PCP or do some searching on the internet or through any insurance providers or heath care plans you may have and develop a relationship. I hope this helps. Good luck.
-Dusty
I came down with fibro almost two years ago when I was 31 I was a relatively fit active healthy person myself. When fibro first started it was pretty bad  but has slowly calmed down to a point where I can now go hiking ( something I love doing ) and snorkeling as well as quite a few of the other things I used to do. I still have bad days ( awful days when I get the flu ) and there isn't a day without some form of pain  ( like right now ) but I find that if I exercise a bit ( I do 30 minutes on an elliptical trainer as well as some light walking throughout the day ) it seems to help alot, I've noticed on the days I don't do much my fibro is worse. I don't take any drugs at all for my fibro except for the occasional panadol when I get the bad headaches or muscle aches so I can't help there but I do take supplements I take B12 for energy, magnesium for cramps, calcium for the bones and for the IBS I take inner health plus
hope you feel better soon
Kathy