Fibro. with severe muscle cramps
HELP! Is there anything to help relieve severe muscle cramping? Starts usually in toes, and can go up in to toros and into my arms and hands. It will go off and on all night long and into the day. After, I feel like I have been beaten with a baseball bat! Neurontin is not working. Vinegar, honey with hot water , does help but I cann't drink it all night long. I'm willing to try any & all suggestions!
You might want to talk to your doctor about adding a muscle relaxer to your medication - many fibro patients take them and they do help some people.

Something non-medicinal you can try is taking a warm bath or shower before going to bed - it might help your muscles relax enough that you don't get the spasms during the night.

Best of luck!
I have found that supplementing magnesium helps somewhat with my cramps and twitching.  I don't know the underlying physiological reasons for why Mg helps with this, but it has been my experience and was suggested by my doctor for the purpose of helping with muscle pain that has been mostly in my calves.

Not all magnesium supplements are the same:

Mag oxide is used in all but the best supplements because it is dirt cheap.  It is also not very bio-available.   The body's absorption and use of it is a little hit and miss.

The best forms of magnesium are other salts like:

mag orotate
mag taurate
mag arginate
mag glycinate
mag succinate

Of course, check with your doctor before adding this or any supplement.

I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for the feedback. I will try both suggestions. I'm learning, Wonko, that your right! Not all supplements are the same. I took my calcium for years before I found out that your body will not absorb much of the calcium if not taken with MG. I will now look more closely  at my MG. I make a hot toddie of 1tbs of  applecider vinegar, 1tbs. of  honey (you can use more if you like) and 8oz of hot water. It does realy help. But, like I said, I cann't drink it all night long. Try it sometime, maybe it'll help you also. Please let me know if does.

Hope you all have a good day and stay STRONG!