Fibromyalgia without headache
Can a person have fibromyalgia without headaches?  Thanks.

I would think yes. I don't have fibro, I have CFS instead and know that every CFS patient has a different story to tell.

What are your symptoms, greg ?
Dear Plate,
My symptoms, wow, where to start.  I really just want to know if fibromyalgia always comes with headaches, because I don't have headaches.  A few years ago, the neurologist who treated me for RLS thought I might have fibromyalgia, as I am so tired.  I didn't think anything of it at the time, because I have no headaches.  

My symptoms are I am constantly tired, just gardening exhausts me, whole body hurts every morning, irregular sleep patterns, anxious and depressed, irregular digestion, a wobbly off-balance walk, concentration is bad, painful feet and back, my ankles and hips ache, and when I push just behind the hip bone, it hurts and triggers my Restless Legs.  This has been going on for five years.  My neighbor was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but she had terrible headaches.

I have three ways to go on this, and I've got just enough money to go in one direction, so I want to be careful which way I go.
GG  

Any joint pain ?
Yes, it's in my post.
"The primary symptoms of fibromyalgia include widespread musculoskeletal pain, severe fatigue, and disturbed sleep. Fibromyalgia means pain in the muscles, ligaments, and tendons – the soft fibrous tissues in the body.

Most patients with fibromyalgia say that they ache all over. Their muscles may feel like they were pulled or overworked. Sometimes fibromyalgia symptoms include muscle twitches and burning sensations.

Chronic headaches - Recurrent migraine or tension-type headaches are seen in about 70% of fibromyalgia patients and can pose a major problem in coping for this patient group."

source: fmnetnews.com/basics-symptoms.php

Maybe I'm in the 30 percentile.  Anybody else have some thoughts?
I do have the headaches but I believe you can have it with without headaches.  Do you have 11 of the 18 tender points?  Fibro is rare in men (I think you are male by your screen name??) but possible.  Have you considered lyme as a possibility?

Exactly the same thing I would have said !

Hope you are having a great evening.  = )
Only five.  I'm eliminating fibromyalgia.  Patsy, I am an older woman.  :)   Thanks everyone for feedback.  GG  
I have had fibro for over a year now and I have had horrific migriaines since I was a little kid.  I noticed that the migraines have lessened over the last few years.  Not sure why... But I am very glad.  I still get bad headaches, but not so bad that I have to go to the ER.  I noticed that most of your symptoms are typical of Fibro.  I have been on Lyrica for over a year and it really seems to help  me quite a bit.  You might check into that ..
You have to have 11 to have fibro according to the American college of rheumatology or whatever it's called.
Fine minds think alike!!  LOL!!  I posted this to you  last night but I didn' t see it today.  I wonder if they removed it.  I don't know why they would.
Hi Ggreg: I have had fibro for about 5 years.  I know this is no comfort for you, but I have rheumatoid arthritis and have had it for 12 years.  The pain and fatigue from fibro is 10 x's worse than the ra.  I thought my ra had gotten worse, because of all the pain, then my rheumy dx'd me with fibro.  I'm learning to deal with it, pacing myself. I too like to garden, work in the yard, but most hard gardening is left up to my husband now. But I know how you feel.  To get to your question, I have some headaches but not severe ones.  Not to belittle your headache complaints, but  just dealing with the stress associated with a chronic condition can lead to depression and anxiety.  My bet would be that this can be causing your headaches.  By the way, the tender points may be all 18 today, only 5 tomorrow, etc. It ebs and flows. As the pain from fibro is migratory. Hope this helps you.
From my experience and from what my doctor said, yes the pain is migratory but the tender points do  not go away.  They may not feel like they hurt on a given day but if they are pressed they are still there.
I have Fibromyalgia and have had horrid Migraines since I was a child and as Mariemom3 my migraines pretty much went away but still get bad headaches other fibro sufferes I know had the migraine thing as a child also.  Have you ever talked to a doc or psych doc about depression,,depression feels a lot like what your describing as well,,I know this message is a little over due but maybe it can help someone else that reads
CFS/Fibro attacked me in 1986 after a very stress period following the sudden death of my father, Dec 85, and my 17 year old son, Feb 86.  I was in the best physical and mental shape of my life when I was hit. This was years before the CDS recognized these disorders.  Fatigue was my worst symptom, followed by pain and nonrefreshing sleep.  However, I never experienced the headaches or the gastro problems which are symptoms of CFS/Fibro.  So yes, it is possible to have these disorders without he headaches.  To this day, I still do not have headaches or gastro problems.  In talking to people who have these disorders I always inquire about a super stressful event prior to the onset of the symptoms.  Just my opinion, but I truly believe that trauma and the accompanying unrelenting stress is a key factor to this disease. I keep telling myself that I am going to do some independent research into this "trauma" theory.