Fibromyalgia Community
IS this typical of fibromyalgia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

IS this typical of fibromyalgia

Hi all, i would be most grateful if anyone could help with my queries.  After extensive testing including Brain mri, chest ct, lumber, thoracic and cervical mri and recently emg/ncv which all showed negative results i have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia/conversion/somatization disorder.  My symptoms include unilateral weakness, twitching and cramps.  the weakness started in the lfet leg and now is in left hand and arm.  I also have tremor in left hand and arm. Last night half of my head went numb and left arm all the way to left pinky finger was numb and stiff. This sounds very different form other people who are experiencing fibro.  I would just like some reassurance.  I am terrified it is ALS/MND or another horrible neurological illness.  However have seen a neurologist 3 times and he is convinced every time he carrys out a neurological examination that have no underlying neurological illness.

Any feedback would be most appreciated
Hey woody20,
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry to hear about your suffering.
Your Neuro might on the right track. But is very difficult to identify the cause.

Just came back from a month long absence.
Here's some good news.
The majority of FMS patients have (often hard to diagnose) chronic co-infections that attack nerve cells and may render them hypersensitive to the level of experiencing multiple symptoms on top of the peripheral pain that is associated with FMS.
What's the good news then?      They can be treated!
The original state of your nerve cells could be restored by treating these co-infections.
The treatment is a rather slow process though, and it requires also a strong immune system to be effective.
If you need more info, let me know. Post again or do your own research.
There's a lot of info in the various postings here.
Hope this  helps you find the answers you're looking for.
Blessings,
Nikodicreta
Hi Nikodicreta,
                       Thank you for the quick response and useful info.  I would appreciate more info n the co - infections.  

Is it really possible to have all the symptoms i am describing due to fibromyalgia?

Many thanks
Woody20
Hey Woody,

A good start would be to go to  the "Institute for Molecular Medicine" website
and check out all the info thoroughly. Dr. Garth Nicolson and his team have done tons of research and is the worlds top authority in this area of medicine.
Consider doing the symptoms questionnaire that is offered.
Gtg now as I'm playing "catchup" after being away for a month!
Blessings
Nikodicreta