Is it fybromyalgia?
For years now I have suffered from what the drs say is unexplained pain. It began in my shoulders, then eventually spread across my upper back and down my arms. I have had mris and they have found bulging discs but the neurologist said those discs aren't the cause of all this pain. I have also suffered from ibs since my teen years and lately I'm tired all the time. I am waiting on a referral to a rheumatologist but that seems to be taking forever. I guess I'm just looking for some insight into what is wrong with me. BTW all this began after a very stressful and depressing time in my life but all that has since been much better. Any comments or responses are greatly appreciated!
I forgot to add that my husband pressed on the trigger spots for fibro and they all are very painful. I know that may mean nothing but I had to point that out. I have good days and bad days. Sometimes I can barely get outta bed and some days I feel normal. Pain meds help immensely but I don't take those or like to take them too often. I don't have a problem with memory or anything like that. Thx again everyone!
I came her to find out the trigger spots of fibro, I have had no diagnosis but have pains on legs now tops of arms ,last 2 weeks ...
Yes it sounds to me like you have fibromyalgia. I've had it for many years and can tell you the biggest favor you can do yourself is to learn about your body, understand what your normal, at your best, pain level is then go from there. Once you learn to live with that level it'll become more manageable for you and then you'll know how to treat your pain when it's above normal. Too many of these "pain killers" allow your brain to forget the norm so Everytime it starts subsiding even a little we think, "Oh! I need more pain killers!" Next thing you know you're addicted. Do yourself that favor and learn mind over matter too. You'll be much better off for it.
thank you I would also like to know what painkillers are prescribed and which are the best to take or avoid ..