Fibromyalgia Community
Is this the CFS or something else?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Is this the CFS or something else?

I've had CFS for nine years, I only received a diagnosis 3 years ago and began treatment. I improved significantly and now rarely experience severe fatigue. The problem is, for the past 18 months I've been experiencing other strange symptoms. It started with burning and tingling in my hands, then vertigo and balance problems. The next time it happened (several months later) I had difficulty breathing at night; it felt as though I had a brick on my chest, and this tight feeling around my stomach and chest that felt like I was wearing a corset. At this time I had all sorts of weird symptoms including shooting pains down my spine, arms and legs, and my left foot being very numb and dragging across the floor as I walked. I had trouble urinating for a few days and I couldn't swallow properly, causing me to choke and cough up pieces of food. My left side was very weak and my doctor said my reflexes weren't normal and referred me to a neurologist. That was in October and am currently waiting for my appointment. These symptoms have almost completely vanished now, I get the occasional shooting pains and numbness when I catch a cold.

My question is, do any of you with CFS / Fibromyalgia have symptoms like this, that just vanish after a few weeks then come back months later? I had a brain MRI to rule out MS, which apparently was normal. My doc now says it must just be the CFS but referred me for a neurologist as I now have silent migraines too (since this first, weird, illness attack), these migraines are painless include aura and sometimes leave me unable to speak or think clearly for hours. Would appreciate some thoughts please, as feeling very alone and confused. In all my years of having CFS I've never experienced anything like this.
I do. I've had times where wearing a bra was unbearable because it felt like I had an icepick in my side. It lasted a couple of weeks and then disappeared. My legs burn- a more consistent problem. I have had urinary troubles. All of the symptoms seem to correspond with exertion (PEM). I was tested at the Pacific Fatigue Lab and they validated that I can't regenerate after exercise. I take it extremely easy and that makes me more comfortable, but I must admit, that has a cost too.
I want to add though- I have never had a swallowing/choking sensation. That sounds terrifying. I'm so sorry- I hope your appt is soon