MRI lesions
Just wondering how many of you that are dx with fibro also have had an MRI that came back with brain lesions?
I have several on mine and was curious as to the rest of you and the statistics of it happening versus not happening.
I also sit with the dx of "probable MS" for the last couple years. Any of you sitting there with me?

Thank you for any and all comments :)
Have a great weekend,
~Tonya
Hi Tonya,

I'm not sure about fibro, but many CFS (and often fibro patients have CFS symptoms) have abnormal MRI's.

Here's the info:

"Half have abnormal MRI scans" --- Dr. Paul Cheney

source: http://www.ncf-net.org/conference/CheneyTestimony.htm

"Cranial MRI will show small T2 weighted high intensity lesions in 80% of cases" ---- Dr. Charles Lapp

source: http://www.cfstreatment.info/for_your_doctor.htm

Thank you so much for the info.
The neuro's can not make up their mind about these lesions and I am more than ready to wrap this chapter in my life up, if you know what I mean.

I wonder, are the lesions in specific areas of the brain...or just sporadic with no definite place?  

Thanks,
~T
I know that my MRI got studied by a few doctors and it came up as calcium deposits. Weird. I don't know if there is a link between those and my fibromyalgia, my hypothyroidism or my bipolar disorder.....but they have been there for awhile and I don't know if they have multiplied or not because they were dismissed once they figured it out. They wanted to do exploratory open surgery. AS IF!

Does anyone have this?
I, too, have lesions on the brain mri, unchanged from 11/07 and 5/08 mri's. I was told that fibro and chronic fat (which I have) do not have any relation to lesions. At 34, it is unusual to have lesions. Both radiologists said possible ms, but no other ms tests have come out abnormal. I did have a massive headache in the middle of the night about 9 years ago. I remember waking up and screaming from the pain (I am not a pain screamer). I don't know if I had a stroke, which is also unusual at 34. I can say that I have been in horrible pain since 10/07 and cannot imagine living my whole life like this. To answer Bear: I know someone who had ms symptoms and was not diagnosed until he had that surgery. Pretty scary, huh? I will say that ms and fibro have a lot of similar characteristics and a lot of people are undx. I hope this helps some.
-princess
I had an abnormal MRI with lesions. As someone else posted, lesions are possible with fibro. They thought it was MS but EEG and lumbar puncture came back ok.