Fibromyalgia Community
Pain on spine in curve of lower back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Pain on spine in curve of lower back

Does anyone else here find that they have a very, very sore tender spot on actual spine in the curve of your lower back? Since my mother and I have had Fibro we both have this really sore spot and I was just curious as to wether anyone else has it to
Yes I have the same tender spot. I am assuming it is part of the FM. What kind of treatments have you tried?
  Yes, I also have that tender spot, except that I have had excruciating pain in my lower back. Some days I can barely stoop over the pain is so bad. My Rheumy just smiled when I told him about it........lol. He understands and just pats me on the shoulder. I use my heating pad when my back acts up, after a while it settles down.

gentle hugs
Angel
Thankyou both for your comments, I'm only taking a few vitamins Magnesium, calcium, a couple of tissue salts and I'm trying to take a multivitamin ( I have trouble swallowing tablets and they're sooo big! and taste absolutely discusting when you chew them..lol ) just a hot water bottle when my back gets really bad I gave up on doctors 6 months ago, their idea of helping my mother and I was telling us her pain was from old age and I was just having sympathy pains for her so now I just try to deal with it as best I can on my own.
Morning;
   I am so sorry that you have an idiot for a doctor. Have you and your mother been to a Rheumy? You know we all understand how hard this disease can be on your body, your mind. Please don't let an idiot doctor make you feel bad, find another doctor. No one deserves to be treated with so little respect. There are good doctors out there, you just have to find one, and when you do you'll feel like you found a gold mine. Take care.

gentle hugs
Angel
I find that my tender spot goes from between my shoulder blades all the way down to where my waist is. This generally happens when there's gonna be a severe thunderstorm. I always feel like my back is tender but it worsens from whether. I always feel bruised on my spine and can barely walk when this happens. I have been getting this for a few years now. I also apparently have scoliosis of my lower back. Whenever I get pregnant, my lower back gives out and then it acts up during the whole pregnancy. I have had many problems during all of my pregnancies due to this problem. I also suffer from sciatica problems. I hate those cause then that means I can't walk at all. The sciatica seems to switch from one side to the other./anyhow, I thought that I'd put my 2 cents in. I won't even get started on the whole doctor issue. There's a story and a half about that. Good luck