Fibromyalgia Community
Possibly Fibromyalgia??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Possibly Fibromyalgia??

Hi All, I hope you all don't mind me posting this as I know I should see a doctor. However I'm scared and just wanting some opinions from people who know what it's like to suffer from Fibro daily. I'm a 30 yr old female who has just given birth to a beautiful baby girl 5 weeks ago. I have been suffering from a considerable amount of fatigue, muscle spasms,Painful muscle cramping and tenderness that radiates all over my body. I have severe tenderness in the back of my neck,shoulders and in between my shoulder blades.Nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. Since giving birth all of these things have increased as well as back and hip pain. I'm concerned because I'm 5 weeks post pregnancy and it doesn't seem to be getting better for me. I suffered from a considerable amount of depression for a number of years which the doctors seemed to always blame for these issues. I have however been off any and all medication for depression for nearly 2 years yet these symptoms just haven't eased at all. My mother who is 55 suffers from not only Fibromyalgia but she was diagnosed with MS just 8 months ago. I'm sure you're wondering why I haven't asked her, well she is VERY touchy and sensitive about these issues so I'd rather not ask her and upset her. Also I had to be seen over the weekend once at a Urgent Care center and the doctor was concerned that Fibro could be what was causing some of my issues and said I needed to do a lot of testing. When I returned to my normal GP he basically laughed in my face and told me that basically Fibromyalgia was nothing more than a fancy name for something doctors like to give you when they can't find the source of the issues. I was honestly embarrassed and felt like he thought I was lying and that he didn't even believe in the disease. I stopped seeking medical treatment for any of my medical issues after that and basically told myself it was all in my head. I know now more than ever it's not, these pains and things are most definitely there and I'm concerned about it. Being a new  mom I want to be 100% available for my daughters needs. I'm sorry this is so long and Thank any of you who had the patience to read it and are willing to give me some feedback.
Change your doctor! This attitude makes everyone who suffers fibro and/or CFS so ANGRY! You do not have to put up with this attitude from this man. Please, please go and sign up with another doc TODAY. You feel so rubbish, you don't need anyone, especially a medical professional, making you feel worse. You're a new mum, you have your hormones all over the place, probably not getting enough rest, and a gorgeous new but very demanding (as they  all are) baby. You need help not put-downs. Copy all this question and take it to your new doc. Maybe the Urgent Care Centre could advise you about a doctor who knows what he/she's talking about?
Do you know what, even if you were perfectly healthy and, as a post natal mum, went to the doc with a finger ache, they should know that you need kindness and understanding and a gentle attitude. I live in London, UK, and don't know the US health system. However, you have just dispelled the myth in which we all believe here, i.e. that US docs are more advanced than here.
Go today, Sweetie, you have a right to be helped and to hold on to your self-esteem. You're not well, go and get it sorted by someone who believes you and will find a diagnosis.You sound like a good, caring mum. Don't take any more rubbish. You ARE worth it. xxx
Thank You very much for your reply. Since leaving my doctor that day feeling so overwhelmed I basically lost all hope. I only started seeing a doctor again when I became pregnant. Now I have a doctor again that will be treating me for my blood pressure. I have to have my 6 week check up next week and I'm hoping to be confident enough to say something then.
Hi Layla,
I beg you to take whatever you have, phone etc, to access the internet and take it to the appointment. Just show the doc your question. You won't even have to speak! Alternatively, print it off and take it with you. It explains all. If I have to see the doc I always write a note so I don't forget anything. Just give/show it to him/her.
You are just as good as the doctor. He's only doing a job. You're doing a much more important one: raising a little human being. You don't have to suffer and feel guilty about having a problem. That's what they're supposed to do. Solve them. Please let me know how you get on. Love x
Please try the Guaifenesin Protocol for FMS.

This really does help.

Love.