Fibromyalgia Community
SEVERE PAIN AND BURNING INSIDE (back, spine, neck, chest)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Trying to find answers. March 2 on a Sunday night thru Monday night I had what I thought was the stomach virus, throwing up. Then when I woke up on Tuesday morning I was hurting badly on the right side of my chest (rib area). The pain starting spreading thru  my back up and down my spine. It moved up to my neck by Saturday. I could not walk to good always in severe pain. I finally went to the ER on Saturday night March 8. They did all blood work and x-rays but nothing showed up. They said maybe it was pleurisy and gave me pain meds and inflammatory meds and sent me home.
  I took the meds like it said to but nothing was helping. By Thursday night  March 13 I felt like my insides was burning and still having severe pain, so back to the ER, I went. This time they just came out and said we don't know what is going on. and  Gave me steroids and sent me home again. The pain has spread up my whole spine and into my neck causing headaches a lot. The pain has also spread down my spine to my butt bone and my entire back is on fire on the inside. It is going down into my thights on the outside area. Here it is March 18 and nothing has helped the pain is covered my spine and lower back and my legs.....My insides are on fire at all times I can't walk to fast or move to fast . The pain is severe and I can't seem to find out what is wrong. Every doctor says they dont know to go to another doctor.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! IF YOU HAVE BEEN THRU OR GOING THUR SOMETHING LIKE THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I CAN'T TAKE THE PAIN AND THE BURNING ANYMORE. IT KEEPS SPREADING THRU MY BODY AN I CANT MOVE WALK OR BREATH SOMETIMES CAUSE OF IT. PLEASE HELP ME OUT
Maybe you should see an Ortho/Spine....sometimes when nerves are damaged or pinched it can give a fire sensation and can be all over your body.  MAybe you need an MRI to see if you have a buldging disc or a pinched nerve some where
Thank you for the help. I haven't had a MRI done yet but the doctor says he doesn't think that is the problem an says he don't know whats going on. I get new things happening every other day an it has me in severe pain. I cant eat anything cause now it all gets stuck in my throat and causes more pain when it hits my stomach. But thank you so much I will beg for a MRI and to see If that is the case thanks again
You need a full spine and brain MRI with and Without contrast. You shouldn't have to beg. You are hiring your physicians for consult not the other way around. You deserve to be treated seriously and while an MRI may be expensive - the situation appears to be causing you significant quality of life issues and warrants a full investigation.

Additionally I would recommend a blood panel
CBC w/ Differential
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Hepatic Function
Urinalysis
ESR or SED RATE
ANA + Titre and Pattern
hs CRP