Fibromyalgia Community
Skin sensitivity

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Skin sensitivity

I have  experienced this problem over last several years off and on.  The first episode occured after I had laproscopic surgery with complications of a collapsed lung.  When I was released from the hospital my left backside was very sensitive and could not be touched.  It lasted about a week or so.  Not long.  The next time I experienced this was a couple years later on my upper check and forehead on just one side of the face.  I asked my DR and she said it may be shingles.  She was not concerned or very interested.  This latest occurance is effecting my upper left thigh.  It's very sensitive to the touch and feels like a sunburn or rash.  But, hurts only when touched.  It is not red at all.  Sometimes it aches, but maybe that's just in my mind because I'm so aware of it.  This started about the same time I noticed some bug bites or it could have been a reaction from a plant, I don't know.  But, they are on the same leg on the inside of the thigh and I feel it's connected in some way.  I'm not overly concerned and just thought I'd google the symptoms and I was brought to this site.  I'm relieved that other people have this as my family thinks I'm nuts as you can't see anything.   I don't really have a question.  Just wanted to comment on my symptoms.  
I also have skin sensitivity.  It moves around but I normally experience it in my hands.  I can't even open a water bottle without it feeling like my skin is ripping off.  many illnesses have skin sensitivity attached to them.  The best advice I can give is to see a rheumatologist or neuroloigist.  If its fibro or any autoimmune condition they are your best chance for a diagnosis.  Try not to get too discouraged with your family...they sound like they are most people who think you have to look sick to be sick, but on this forum we all know that is not true.  I hope you find your answer soon and start getting well.
Good luck!
Just a week ago my doctor assured me that my skin sensitivity is caused by Fibro. I was worried about it being a new symtom but he says it's common