Fibromyalgia Community
Unspecified autoimmune disorder
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unspecified autoimmune disorder

I'm trying to find a direction for my doctor to check in helping me understand what is going on with me. I have chronic iritis in one eye which is temporarily relieved by steroid drops. I also have arthritis which manifests itself mostly in my hands and feet and also causes occasional pain in my lower back. Since menopause, I sometimes get a type of hot flash that causes pain in my skin, mostly on my stomach and sometimes my upper legs and arms. Frequently when this happens, I just plain don't feel well for the few minutes this is going on. I also have parts of some days when I don't feel well - I'm tired, achy, anxious and sometimes feel like I'm starting to come down with a cold/flu. I don't tolerate hot weather well since menopause. I also have diverticulosis. I've had bloodwork done for lupus, rhumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondelytis and all were negative. Since I don't have health insurance, I don't have money for a battery of tests. I'd like to narrow things down for my doctor to explore. She usually attribute my complaints to my anxiety disorder and depression, but I know there is more going on than that due to the arthritis and iritis.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
509877_tn?1315365294
Just because you had a negative Lupus test doesnt mean that it isnt Lupus. It sounds a lot like Lupus. My mother had it & my son has a very similiar autoimmune disorder. Are your fingers  & toes affected by this hot flash? Has anyone mentioned Raynauds Disease? My mom also had that & I believe I do as well. If you read about, do not believe that you have to be affected by hot & cold, that is simply not true. Good Luck!
Blank
Thanks for the feedback. I feel the hot flash in my hands and feet sometimes when I forst wake up. I've heard about Reynauds. A former coworker has it. I'd been wondering if that is what affects my hands in winter. When they get cold, my arthritis really hurts. How would I find out if I have Lupus if my blood test is negative? I've had the bloodwork done twice in case the first one waas innacurate, but once again, it was negative.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank