Fibromyalgia Community
Wrist Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Wrist Pain

I am a woman in my mid 30's. I  woke up this morning with sever wrist pain.  I also have some numbness in my finger tips and my hand is very very weak.  I had noticed over the last couple of weeks that I would have sporatic pain in my wirsts but I just brushed it off.  I researched it a little on-line and I came up with the same answer... thyroid.  Both of my sisters suffer from thyroid problems so I thought that it could be that.  I went to the doctor yesterday and he said "nothings wrong with you"  he said he has checked my thyroid in the past and it showed up fine in the blood test also no swelling or redness in my wrist although he did not do a x-ray or anything.  So I went home and then what do you know, this morning I woke up in severe pain.  I was unable to help my girls get dressed for school, couldn't do their hair and had a very difficult time driving.  I dont know what to do I am very scared.  Oh yeah, I know its not carpal tunnel because I dont do any consistent motion with my wrist.  I am not on the computer alot and nothing else in my daily activities would lead to wrist problems.  I also suffer from depression...which again can be a sign of thyroid problems.  Should I get tested again???  Please help!
I don't want to sound cruel, however are you sure that you are in the right forum. There is a pain management forum. Do you have fibromyalgia. If so then I apologize and realize you are in the right forum.
I have read a lot about wrist pain - as i also have it.  It is associated with many many different related disorders - i would look into any disorder associated with inflammation or swelling - perhaps, fibro, lupus, thyroid, etc.  Just a thought - good luck!