Fibromyalgia Community
adderall or provigil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

adderall or provigil

I was recently put on adderall (adderrall) to help combat some of the excessive fatigue and trouble focusing I'm having related to my disease and medications.  The doc choose this med over provigil because of cost.  

Does anyone have experience with taking either of these for excessive fatigue or focusing issues?  I'd just like to know how it worked for you.  I have a full time job that requires being focused so it's very important that I find the best way to get my brain "working" again.  
Hi. I have severe fatigue as well so my doctor suggested Nuvigil which is similar to Provigil. It sounded like it may help. Unfortunately, it made me very awake but freaked out with horrible anxiety. I thought I would try again and see if 1/2 dose would work. Same thing, energy yes, but terrible anxiety. Tried adderall (adderrall) a while ago and was pretty much the same. But I have read some people can tolerate it so you may as well try. Didn't much help with the brain fog though.
i have been taking vyvanse which has been one of the best medications that i have been given over the last several years---unfortunately, it is expensive without insurance.  i have been having to pay around $158 dollars a month for it.  provigil didn't do a whole lot for me.   when we first lost our insurance, my husband did not want me to go off of the vyvanse because it made such a difference--but we couldn't keep paying for it out of our pocket, so i tried adderal for awhile--but it did not work as well--so i went back to vyvanse as soon as i could.   since we are without insurance again (we have a waiting period until oct 1)  i am trying methotrexate 3 times a day to save money.  if it doesn't work---i'll go back to paying through the nose for the vyvanse.   without a stimulant to make up for the fatigue the meds and the fibro and adrenal insufficiency cause me,  i can hardly stay awake and get off the couch.------i hate this!!!!
My doc put me on adderall (adderrall) a few years ago for the same issues.  It works great and is inexpensive however if I forget to take it I can't think straight.