Fibromyalgia Community
hormones
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hormones

Hi I follow this site and I have really learned a lot about this disease. I have noticed that this affects mostly women. My question to the board is this:

Have any of you had your female hormose tested and if so what was the results?

I am beginning to think that this may have something to do with the way fibromyalgia effects us.

I am thinking of asking my doctor to do these test

Thanks for being here!
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I've had my hormones level checked many times. The first few times, it was before a major relapse and although I had undiagnosed CFS... I had normal hormone levels. After the relapse, my hormone levels were all abnormally low.

You may want to consider googling, "autoimmune diseases" + "hormones" ---- there are a lot of theories out there as to why women are getting more "syndromes" and "autoimmune diseases" than men. Also, it would explain why some women feel great during their pregnancy, but have undiagnosed health problems afterwards.
Blank

Here's a good link from the CDC... they address many important questions, including, "are autoimmune diseases caused by infections" ?

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/EID/vol10no11/04-0367.htm

Blank
216278_tn?1308864682
There's also a book called "It's my ovaries, stupid".....my acupuncturist recommended it (I have to admit, I haven't read it in detail yet), but my understanding is that it makes a correlation between fibromyalgia and low estrogen levels.  I can say that the FIRST time I used an estrogen patch, I felt WONDERFUL for that week. Unfortunately, the subsequent uses haven't produced such euphoria.  

I almost feel like my body builds up a tolerance to meds/treatments and then they don't work anymore....
Blank
My female hormones are probably fairly abysmal, personally. :Þ
Blank
RobinHood - you know I had to come and see what you posted here!!! lol  Too funny.
Blank
676302_tn?1237867091
I needed that laugh! Thanks and I and sorry I forget we are not all females!
Blank
523927_tn?1257022304
I believe Dr. Teitelbaum also states that your hormones could check out okay on a blood test but a CFS/Fibro sufferer could still be having a hypothalmus/hormone imbalance, once again stating that standard blood tests aren't always a proven like our regular docs seem to think.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank