Fibromyalgia Community
need help with pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

need help with pain

ive been driving to detroit to get vitamin ivs for my fibromyalgia. it helped with energy and pain, but i had to keep going back. driving from memphis to detroit for a year and half, sometimes i had to have people drive me, because of the pain. I cannot affoed it anymore and the pain is more than i can stand anymore.I take tramadol that only knocks the edge off and nothing else. I cannot find a doctor that knows about fibro, or will give out pain meds. as with another lady from memphis I read, they all think we just want pain meds and are liars. I need help and I need something for pain. I have not been able to work for two years. If anyone knows of a doctor who knows about fibro and will give pain meds, please let me know who, thanks  bunny     a doctor anywhere close to memphis, or a little ways from, i dont mind going a few more miles to get some relief.   thanks bunny
I am sorry you are in so much pain. Many Rheumatologists are uncomfortable prescribing pain medications. Have you considered going to a pain management clinic instead? That might be a better option for you if you have exhausted all others. Many of the clinics are much more understanding with our condition as well. I would try to look around in your area for one. Do you have health insurance?
-Dusty
I suffered with fibromyalgia for 12 years! Went to sooo many doctors, rhuematologist, took tons of vitamins but nothing made it go away! I used to have people drive for me as well, because the pain would get so intense. In 2008, I met a herbologist who told me to go gluten free. I went gluten free and immediately started noticing a huge difference!! I took a few months but the pain eventually went COMPLETELY away!! I'm still gluten free to thist day. I hope you find a cure for your pain!