Fibromyalgia Community
shoulder spasm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

shoulder spasm

Hi All

I've been having a rought ime with pain in my hips lately to the point where i could not even sit for long but that has eased but now my shoulder has completly seezed up i can't even lift it from my side and the pain goes across my face and down my arm, the side of my face has gone numb too and i get a rush of like ice cold feeling go over my head like goosbumps!!

The ringing that i have in my ears has gotten worse on that side too.

Any ideas on how to releash this, i've tried pain killers, gels,heat,rest,exercise.

Sam
which arm is this happening in
and have  you ever had the chicken pox and if so did you get a bad case
i would definitely get this check by the doctor
how long has this gone on
Hi Sam,

I'm busy as a beaver as usual.  My flights are stopping over in Heathrow in your neck of the woods.  I'll email about it.  I've got "great" connections - i.e. just a couple hours unfortunately so I can't take a day trip to the countryside and I got a great rate ($250 less then anything else that was already cheap.)

What comes to mind for me with your description is nutrients.  If you can play with vitamins and minerals, especially magnesium and calcium, you may see a change in the way your muscles and nerves are handling this.  I wonder if an alternative practicioncer can guide you?  Mostly though, I'd just read some books on what the various nutrients do, and then guess at it and try things out.  Maybe add a lot of magnesium for a week, 2-3 tables a day of 100%RDA each.  (RDA is probably an american thing from the FDA regulations, so maybe look at a site like Puritans Pride to figure out how much is a daily dose here?)  If that does nothing, then try calcium.  Also, a short stint with valium muscle relaxants might break the cycles and let it heal more.  Have the doctor check your potassium levels - you can't self supplement that but that can cause muscle spasm.

The numbness isn't something common to CFS (and I don't think FM), so that's be good to double check with your doctor.

I'm guessing on things here, but might as well say what comes to mind!  

There's only a week left and so much to do...ehrrrr.  At least I finally have tickets!

Talk to you soon,
  Cheri
...also if things get worse when trying something that's good, because it means you need to use the opposite mineral (mag & calc are opposites for instance).
Hi Curls

Sorry it taken me a while to get back to you have had a flare all last week and was in bed now kids are on half term and things are manic.

My shoulder was inflammed and swollen my osteopath is trying to help she says the shoulder and neck has spasmed so much that it is moving my vertrba in my neck around c2 ans hse is trying to move it back she also is trying to move my sacroiliac joint ( in the lower back) as on the right side it is solid twisting my pelvis she thinks this was damaged in the crash i had in 2006 and wants my rheumy to x-ray it but we will see.

How wondefull it would be if we could meet in heathrow!!! i would love to see you. let me know all about it in an email.

I take quinine and magniusm for the cramps and it works o.k for the rest of my body but not my hips and shoulder they are always spasming.

Hope your o.k?

SAm
I have back spasm issues and I have a product that I have recently bought on the internet. It was amazing how fast it worked after I applied.  I love that it is topical and no pills to take.  All I did was roll on and massage in to muscle pain area.  Maybe you will find some relief  with it, it is worth the try.  It is called cramp911.