Fibromyalgia Community
was anyone in the military diagnosed with this

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Does anyone on this forum having sleeping problem along with anxiety/anger.  Has anyone been told its related to Gulf war syndrome.  I've been diagnoed by the VA and Private insurance of havinf fibro-.  I served 180 days in Iraq/Basra/Saudi,1992/93.  I came home sick and the mitary compensates  and has given me diagnosis but Drugs seem to be thier solution to everything.  As any drugs worked for anyone out there.  I can't slepp without a pill.  I sleep great during the day but night is a different story.  How can someone have a sleeping disorder but sleep great in the day.  Any other military or civilians that feel this way.
I've never been in the military but I have fibro and I basically can't sleep without taking anything either due to the pain and discomfort.

I'm on Cymbalta for the fibro as well as depression but it isn't helping.  I can not sleep at night at all but sleep better in the daytime ocassionally.  I can't keep going like this I know that much!

You aren't alone in your misery...

P.S.  Just want to thank you for your service to our country.  :)
Welcome to our forum ! Sleeping problems are common in both CFS and fibromyalgia patients.  I'm glad you are here because Dr. Klimas, a world renowned expert in CFS, recently told the Miami Herald that they plan on doing studies to "see if there's a difference between Gulf War Illness and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome."

source: http://www.miamiherald.com/living/health/research/story/963475.html

How are they treating your Gulf War Syndrome ? Are you on antibiotics for mycoplasma infection ?

Welcome aboard and thank you for serving our country. I am sorry to hear that you are ill though and hope that you stick around.

http://www.gulfwarvets.com/mycoplas.htm

Here is a site dedicated to Gulf War Veterans having GWI.  They are treating you for FMS symptoms, but not addressing the cause.  I hope you can find some information that will assist you in getting the treatment you deserve.  

I thank you for your service and your sacrifices and am so sorry that you returned only to be effected by this illness.

Please take care and God bless.