was anyone in the military diagnosed with this
Does anyone on this forum having sleeping problem along with anxiety/anger.  Has anyone been told its related to Gulf war syndrome.  I've been diagnoed by the VA and Private insurance of havinf fibro-.  I served 180 days in Iraq/Basra/Saudi,1992/93.  I came home sick and the mitary compensates  and has given me diagnosis but Drugs seem to be thier solution to everything.  As any drugs worked for anyone out there.  I can't slepp without a pill.  I sleep great during the day but night is a different story.  How can someone have a sleeping disorder but sleep great in the day.  Any other military or civilians that feel this way.
I've never been in the military but I have fibro and I basically can't sleep without taking anything either due to the pain and discomfort.

I'm on Cymbalta for the fibro as well as depression but it isn't helping.  I can not sleep at night at all but sleep better in the daytime ocassionally.  I can't keep going like this I know that much!

You aren't alone in your misery...

P.S.  Just want to thank you for your service to our country.  :)
Welcome to our forum ! Sleeping problems are common in both CFS and fibromyalgia patients.  I'm glad you are here because Dr. Klimas, a world renowned expert in CFS, recently told the Miami Herald that they plan on doing studies to "see if there's a difference between Gulf War Illness and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome."

source: http://www.miamiherald.com/living/health/research/story/963475.html

How are they treating your Gulf War Syndrome ? Are you on antibiotics for mycoplasma infection ?

Welcome aboard and thank you for serving our country. I am sorry to hear that you are ill though and hope that you stick around.

http://www.gulfwarvets.com/mycoplas.htm

Here is a site dedicated to Gulf War Veterans having GWI.  They are treating you for FMS symptoms, but not addressing the cause.  I hope you can find some information that will assist you in getting the treatment you deserve.  

I thank you for your service and your sacrifices and am so sorry that you returned only to be effected by this illness.

Please take care and God bless.