Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Ankle problems

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Ankle problems
Last week heard pop in back of heel. Can bear weight for so long then ankle gets swollen with heel pain and tight calf muscle. Any suggestion what this might be? When i flex foot down popping in heel happens.
you may have ruptured/slightly torn your achilles tendon.
you need to have this examined.  if this is the case, you either will need surgical repair or casting to allow for proper healing, followed with physical therapy to re-establish flexibility to the tendon
I went to Orthopedic Doc who diagnosed me with Os Trigonum Injury. Put cortisteroid shot in front of ankle where swelling was and put another shot into outer heel. I am in an air walker boot for now. The problem is pain is still there, not as bad as first. But now my other ankle is doing the exact same thing on other side. Pain around outer ankle and heel, also have this bone sticking out a little and hurts. Could this happen Bilateral this kind of injury? What happens if this doesn't heel right?