Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
My forefeet get sore very easily

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

My forefeet get sore very easily

It seems the balls of my feet are very sensitive to anything but the most comfortable pairs of sneakers.  Any shoe I buy that isn't a sneaker (or that doesn't have thick, comfortable padding on the sole) make my forefoot really sore.  It doesn't start hurting until after a few days of wearing the shoes.  I always have to buy some sort of gel soles to replace the ones in the shoes, and even those sometimes don't work.  I'm not sure if I'm just putting a lot of weight on the balls of my feet, or if it's the arcs in my feet, or if I just don't have enough internal padding there.  Is there anything I can do to get my feet to stop being such pansies?

Thanks!
you may have fat pad atrophy to the balls of the feet.  if that is the case, it would explain why you need lots of padding to prevent pain.  this is quite normal as people age or lose weight.
don't fight it. instead, fluff, puff, and gel whatever you need to feel comfortable.
sandals that give comfort include: Naots and Mephistos. they are on the pricey end but worth it.
Blast!  For once my high metabolism is working against me.