Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Small oval Brown Spot on side of little toe

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

As I have no idea what it is, I can't exactly categorize it under a specific topic so I chose other.

There is a small brown/purple-ish oval spot on my little toe(left foot). I don't know exactly how long I have it since I only noticed it last week, but atleast not more then a month.
The only thing I can connect to it is that I'm a frequent swimmer and it might be something I caught via the pool(surroundings)

If there is a possibility to upload pictures I can easily upload some for you to get a better idea.

Any info is greatly appreciated
Tags: small, side, oval, brown, Toe
is the lesion on the nail or the toe?  is it a flat discoloration or does it have a raised appearance?  It could be a skin lesion that needs biopsied to rule out tumors.  is the shape irregular or uniform.  one color or multi?
it is on the toe itself; nearly touching the nail. It is very slightly raised.
The shape itselfs resembles an oval that is slightly irregular and it is one colour.

I have to inform you about my age because I read these tumors are likley to appear on older age and I am only 21.
sounds like a skin neoplasm.  i would get it checked by a podiatrist or dermatologist to make sure it is nothing to worry about.
i have excised tumors that were malignant on young people too.
they don't necessarily appear only in the aging population.
get it checked to be on the safe side.
Indeed. I already made an appointment.

Thank you for your advice. It is appreciated.

Cheers
A related discussion, I just found a circle of gray on my left pinky toe was started.