Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
foot hernia
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

foot hernia

I had a triple fusion of my right ankle last year. It has been a full year since my surgery.  In the last 2 weeks I noticed a bump sticking out of the inner portion of my right foot.  I did go to the doctor to see if perhaps some of the metal screws had come loose and was poking out of my foot . Everything was inplace.  The doctor said I had a hernia of my foot. I did not know hernias could form in the foot? My concern is, Can it become a problem? Can it be repaired?  I know hernias in other areas can be fixed. Is there anything I can do about  the hernia?  I sure would appreciate any information you can give me on this problem. thank you, Mish456