GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Can GERD make you vomit everything daily?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Can GERD make you vomit everyday for 2 months and still continuing? Body rejecting food, and now fluids?? My daughter had Sudden onset of GERD  diagnosed in September 2009 after being admitted to hosiptal with 'asthma type symptoms - wheezing'. After remaining on steroids for 6 weeks to control it together with a comination of domperidone, lansoprazole and ranitidine. apart from feeling exhausted the heartburn was brought under control slightly and a beclomatasone preventitive inhaler had been introduced to help with the asthma induced symptoms. We were referred to another specialist to await the operation which tightens the valve to help stop GERD (still presently awaiting operation). At the end of october domperidone was substituted with metrocloprymide. In the 2nd week of December 2009 the vomitting started. At first it was after eating and vomiting would begin about half an hour after eating. Fatty food and everything associated with GERD was eliminated and fish and veg and soup became main staple diet. Vomitting continued 2 or 3 times a day and sometimes happened after drinking fluid.In Beginning of January a piece of meat was vomitted (meat hadn't been eaten since first week of Dec). By now soup was main staple of diet, literallly only 5 or 6 spoonfuls.Soup was the best option because it didn't make her choke when vomiting. Things were deteriorating and her medication now included Cyclizine to try and stop her vomiting. She was also taking Ranitidine and magnesium tablets. Over the weeks even this became a problem and a second piece of meat appeared 2 weeks ago. An endoscopy on 24th Jan showed no problems apart from 'excessive acid'. The cyclizine has now been stopped due to adverse side effects and the fact its not stopped her vomiting.  My daughter is now surviving on only nutritional supplements and continues to vomit, the last few days has seen her bring fluids back aswell. 4 days ago she was prescribed Colyestyramine to help bind the bile and stop her vomiting. Her condition is continuing to deteriorate and yesterday she vomitted 7 times, keeping nothing down. Sometimes a slight movement can make the bile/vomit just literally fall out of her mouth. We are so worried about the situation. She has lost about 6kg in one month which is not a lot considering her food intake is next to nothing. IS VOMITTING EVERY DAY, CONSISTENTLY FOR 2 MONTHS and continuing A SYMPTOM OF GERD ???? OR COULD THERE BE AN UNDERLYING SYMPTOM.  DOES ANYBODY ELSE SUFFER FROM THIS? We are desparate for this to stop.
Hi...I am so sorry ur DD is going thru this and as a mom it is hard to watch our children when they hurt.
May I ask, was her Gall Bladder checked?....if so ask it be done again...my dad went to the ER several times over the period of 3 months and said I think this is my Gall Bladder they said it did not show on the tests...finally after 3 months of going to the ER they concurred and took out his GB ...he also had H.pylori as a result and once that was addressed he felt so much better.

I pray this  is resolved soon for u and ur DD.

"selma"
Hi Selma

Thanks very much for the message. Sorry your dad had to go through a journey before a got a result. My daughters gall bladder has not been checked but she is being admitted to hospital for monitoring this weekend. I will raise both issues with them while we're there.

Many thanks, best wishes

Aida
U r so welcome and prayers go to ur DD while in the hospital that they find and treat what is ailing her.

Godspeed
"selma"
whatever became of your daughters sickness ?
Hi. I'm curious to know how you're daughter is doing? Your daughters sypmtoms sound so much like my mother's. Only they checked her gall bladder and thought they saw a sludge in the ultrasound but then confirmed it's nothing in a blood test. However she is still vomiting and it's driving us crazy that nothing seems to be helping. I wonder if she should do the gall bladder test again. My mom has lost so much weight and has been taking patoprazol but nothing seems to be helping. I curious to know if your daughter is alright and is now feeling better...where the doctors able to help her? I sure hope so...
I am a Female with Autism the Aspergers Kind and I am in NEED OF HELP every single night I am having trouble with Vomiting things I eat or drink with my GERD ( Also Known as ACID Reflux or Heartburn) . At Night the only food I have is a Salad , some salad dressing and water and sometimes at Night I Just Have a Slim Fast with water and I am Vomiting this up every single Night with my GERD (Also Known as ACID Reflux or Heartburn). I Also want to let you know My esophagus Hurts  from Vomiting all the time with my GERD (Also known as ACID Reflux or Heartburn) Every single Night and I also Feel like I am having a Heart Attack at Night with the GERD (Also known as ACID Reflux or Heartburn). What Can I do I NEED HELP. If you know the answers please email me at
***@****
***@****
***@****
***@****
***@****
***@****
***@****

Also I am in need of Prayers about these things below:
Prayer Needs

1.I am in Need of prayers because I have been having trouble with a Very Severe Case of Vomiting from my GERD (also Known as ACID Reflux or Heartburn) Everyday during the week when I want to sleep
1.I am in Need of prayers because I am not getting a good nights Sleep
3.I am in Need of prayers because I am also having trouble with a Burning Sensation coming up my throat everyday also
4.I am in Need of prayers because I am having a major rough time with very bad health
5.I am in Need of Prayers because I feel God does not Love me because I am Having a Very Severe Case of Vomiting from my GERD (Also Known as ACID Reflux or Heartburn) Everyday during the week when I want to Sleep
6.I am in need of prayers because I could use a Pen Pal Friend that Suffers from a Very Severe Case of GERD (Also known as ACID Reflux or Heartburn) that can answer short letters with Questions like:
Do you have any pets?
Do you like Music?
What type of music do you like?
If you would like to be my pen pal please email me at the emails below

If you can pray for me please pray for me at the emails below:
***@****
***@****
***@****
***@****
***@****
***@****
***@****

Channing

Please update us on your dd's condition. My sons has been throwing up everything for 6 weeks now.