Aa
A
A
Close

GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

1 - 20 (of 3952) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I have had GERD since 1994. I have been on several medications. In most recent years I have been taking omeprazole. I think it's been helping over the years but I now have some symptoms that seem different. Almost 4 years ago I had a p...
  Posted
Anyone hear ever been prescribed Lansoprazole to treat acid reflux / GERD? I was prescribed Lansoprazole about a month in a half ago. I started taking it the first two weeks but then noticed some unusual symptoms. First and most impor...
  Posted
Any herbal remedies for reflux I know diet is important but can acid reflux be caused by anxiety or stress I have generalized anxiety disorder and notice when I started taking zoloft meds for anxiety after a couple months my acid reflux ...
  Posted
I suffered from heartburn for over a year and was put on Nexium by my doctor, these worked great and I was symptom free. I decided to go off the medication after about 6 months and the heartburn came back so I was sent for a scope. The...
  Posted
Hi all! Since the beginning of August, have had severe acute episodes of chest pains, breathing difficulties, nausea after eating, sore/scratchy throat, hoarseness, clearing throat, etc. Had endoscopy that showed gastritis and chronic es...
  Posted
what is the symptoms of having an ulcer or hyper acidity?
  Posted
17731061 tn?1459551877
My quality of life is deteriorating and I'm tired of living like I am. I'm suffering from GERD, diarrhea..so bad that I can NOT eat out or at anyone's house. I've tried eliminating foods, G ERD pills and Imodium nothing works. I feel th...
  Posted
I am having some problems... Cant diagnose it properly... I started having some problems in breathing... specially at night.. when i am lying i feel like i m choking(not severe, just discomfort). I sometimes have little pain in chest . A...
  Posted
I've been taking a PPI for 18 years now. I seem to have tolerated them well but there seems to be more and more warnings regarding long term use. I was originally prescribed them because of what reflux was doing to my heart rhythm. I was...
  Posted
I just wanna ask if what particular disease I'm experiencing now. I had a gallbladder stones last year and I believe It was left untreated since my fault of not having a follow up ultrasound after taking meds for about a month. I'm so an...
  Posted
About a week ago, I had a pretty big meal. I decided I want to hit the gym afterwards and I waited maybe 40-60 minutes before making my way to the gym. In between time I consumed a decent amount of water. I think warming up, I realized I...
  Posted
I had been on PPIs for years but my reflux prior to that wasn't that bad. Anyways I'm off the PPIs now and dealing with some rebound acid hypersecretion now. Could this cause cold sores or cold sore-type sores on the lips? I've never ...
  Posted
I don't normally post on medical forums but I've just about run out of ideas and interested in feedback or suggestions from the rest of the community. Furthermore, I'm terrified that this isn't going to stop and the current problems are...
  Posted
Hi all, i had a bad reflux few weeks ago and had a globus sensation after. I had visited a doctor who prescribed me with some omeprazole. Recently, my globus sensation may one appear after i have a meal and be gone after a few hours....
  Posted
Hi all, I have always had acid reflux but last week, it seem to have got worse. It felt like there is something stuck at the bottom of my throat and I couldn't swallow solids properly. After taking some PPI prescribed by my doctor...
  Posted
Hello everyone, I have acid reflux disease and I cannot take anything which contains caffeine (therefore, no tea, yerba mate and the like), but I am not able to function properly without it. I've got low blood pressure and I need some...
  Posted
Dear all, Started 8 weeks ago with intense sore throat and unable to swallow with ball of mucus stuck in throat and intensely sore throat, constant throat clearing and waterfall of mucus running down from back of nose constantly. Very l...
  Posted
I had a throat pain (but not tonsillitis), with very bad taste of mucus. I took a clarithromycinfor (500) for 4-5 days (one tablet per day) at the 3rd day. At different time during the day, I took also Amoxicillin 500 ( 2-3 per day). af...
  Posted
I had nissen fundoplication done 2 1/2 yrs ago. The surgery fixed the gerd problem, but created five other problems. I know have constant gas and stomach pains associated with gas in the intestines, I guess. If I eat before 11 or 12 in t...
  Posted
I feel like there's air coming up my throat, and I have to force it out by burping, it happens every few seconds which is making me constantly burping because i want to push the air out, I don't feel bloated at all. I don't breathe fr...
  Posted
A
A
Blank
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Top Digestive Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank
Allentown, PA