Chest pains, gerd symptoms,dizziness, can't eat cant sleep
I am a 38 year old relatively active women in good health.  I don't smoke or drink and I eat well.  I woke up tonight with a sharp pain in my chest when I tried to turn over in my sleep.  It startled me awake and I felt some shortness of breath and dizziness.  During the day I have been having times of extreme dizziness where I feel like I am going to faint, Chest pains/Palpatations, shortness of breath, Pain in my back more towards the left side and on occasion pain down the inside of my left arm and tingling in arm or hand.  I went to the hospital and had blood work, ekg and chest xray done.  All were normal.  My blood pressure is normal, my blood sugar is normal. I am being treated for acid reflux.  But, can acid reflux cause all the other symptoms? I am looking for some type of answer.  I can't seem to get a good nights sleep anymore.  I am usually awake by 2-3 am and it is very scary.  The docotors have told me that my chlosterol is good and that without family history of women in my family having heart problems my chances are slim to none. I do have a lot of GERD Symptoms with pressure, bloating, stomach pain, belching, gas etc.  A couple of times it has been bad enough to cause a lump and tightness in my throat for weeks and a feeling of something being stuck in the middle of my chest.  please advise................
Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

Yes, it is possible to feel the symptoms u r feeling with GERD.....what u need to find out is what is the root issue causing ur GERD.

U could have a hiatal hernia....bacteria....or Gall Bladder isssues.

Plus, in addition to meds u need to watch ur diet...possibly elevate the head of ue bed....there r many different things that can add to ur problems including stress...try meditation or yoga.

The Health Pages here on MedHelp have tips and lists to help get u started on eliminating some triggers.

"selma"
i have gerd and sometimes i get a sharp pain- when i breathe- around my heart when i try to sleep on my left side. putting an extra pillow and sleeping on my back slightly raised up helps.
I have just finished a course of Nexium, 4 weeks. I have also tried Pariet. neither drug worked. i am sick of taking drugs for this, spending well earned money and getting no result. Has anyone here genuinely and hnestly tried the Reflux Remedy Report. I feel its my last hope but dont want to get ripped off by some two bit scam?
Hi, i'm having the same symptoms as you...
Did you find a cure for this?
Please help