GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Coughing due to Acid Reflux

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Coughing due to Acid Reflux
I am constantly coughing due to Acid Reflux.. I am bringing up mucus, tried every thing the doctor told me to do.. I have taken to this day five boxes of Pantecta.. I been on steroids , antibiotics, name it. Is there anyone who knows of a home remedy I can try to stop coughing and help me with my acid reflux.. Its been over four months am coughing non stop..

Thanks Patricia
If your cough is due to GERD and if you dont find relief with PPI (Pantecta), then evaluation has to be done with 24 hours pH monitoring test.
Consult a gastroenterologist for this test.
HI
I did consulted an ENT specialist ,put a tube through my nose and into my stomach.. Told me it was acid reflux that is causing my  coughing with mucus.. It has lessen down a great deal, but some mornings am coughing non stop. Is there something I can do without medication to stop this excessive amount of coughing?
A related discussion, Constant cough and sour mouth was started.