Aa
A
A
Close

GERD (Acid Reflux) Forum

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

1 - 20 (of 1579) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
im having since 2007 every day a burn in my stomach and on the right side rib cage, in the same time the burn extended to the feet ,ive been done >mri in 2008 , then endoscopy twice, scans ,bar follow through, i took lots of treatments f...
farhatnasir | Last answer
I've been taking 40mg. of prilosec for 3 weeks. Now taking just 20mg. I want to stop taking it, how do I wean myself off? I've read you get a rebound reaction which is worse than the hearburn. I can't cut the pills in half because they a...
hoho147 | Last answer
I have been diagnosed with GERD and Gastritis and have been taking Nexium and Zantac regularly. I have had an endoscopy in the last 2 years or so and only thing that was noted was some inflammation. I recently (3 weeks ago) started a ...
jaysaki | Last answer
1539130_tn?1292842857
i have been having this horrible burning raw feeling in my stomach now for a long while the docotr has me on gavison which is basically CRAP anyway its not just the burnong there are alot of symptons and some people think its GERD & some...
honeypie21 | Last answer
Four weeks ago I developed reflux. It came on suddenly and within two days I was unable to consume anything. I don’t drink alcohol, tea or coffee. Since developing this problem, my diet has been excellent, I eat small meals, chew my food...
josietoo309 | Last answer
Diagnosed with acid reflux 7 years ago, negative for Barretts Been on nexium 40 mg. daily for last seven years. One week ago I had pain between shoulder blades and went to Dr. He said I had a slight case of pleurish and put me on supe...
blizzard1953 | Last answer
This is a follow-up to an earlier email. A few weeks ago I was diagnosed by my doctor as having acid reflux. She recommended 20mg of Losec daily for one month and then to attempt to taper off the medication by taking it every other d...
josietoo309 | Last answer
496495_tn?1224613463
Hello I am a 28 year old male and I am concerned about throat cancer. Almost 2 and a half weeks ago I had laid down to take a nap and when I awoke I had weird pain on the left side of my throat when I swallowed. This lasted for about a d...
Mitch81 | Last answer
I recently had a mold inspection. The inspector indicated that mold can cause acid reflux, sleep apnia (of which I have a slight case), etc. Is there any truth to this? I live in a relatively dry area where mold is generally not a huge p...
BillSch | Last answer
I am a 34 year old male. I am 6'4, 185 pounds and in decent shape. I have HPB, but it is under control with meds, diet, and exercise. I have had a number of cardiac tests (stress, echos, holter monitors, etc.) and all come back normal. I...
theolocke | Last answer
Dear Doctors/Professors My reflux problem started approx 4 years ago. I did a juice based diet and then shortly after I would experience burning only in the stomach area nowhere else. It didn't travel up the Oesophagus at all. ...
justinterested913 | Last answer
I believe I suffer from this syndrome. Can you please explain about why one feels GERD like symptoms if there is too LOW a stomach acid? Please give your thoughts on HCL Pepsin therapy as well as dietary modifications. I've suffered from...
Caruthers | Last answer
my little girls is 11 month old she is on neocate with rice ... she some of her history she had neonatal jaundice, she had suergy when 5 weeks old for malrotation of bowels they also done an appendectomy, she also has laryngomalacia,and...
redneckmoma0809 | Last answer
Ok, everytime i vomit, i wait a couple of seconds and i spit small streaks of bloodwith my spit. This is really strange as after 1 minute there is no more blood in the spit. this happens everytime i vomit and there is no blood in the vom...
answerlooking | Last answer
Hello. I had an endoscopy yesterday and just want your opinion on the findings.... ESOPHAGUS - INTACT MUCOSA DOWN TO THE EG JUNCTION WHICH COINCIDES WITH THE Z LINE AT 40 CM LEVEL. STOMACH - THE LUMEN I...
junie0627 | Last answer
Anyone have celiac or a gluten allergy associated with gastro issues, GERD or indigestion. I had a bagel today - was sick as a dog afterwards, then BOOM, hours later, I'm exhausted. I was just curious if anyone has similar issues!?...
ge0rgette2 | Last answer
1551963_tn?1302296332
I have had acid reflux for ten years. I have been on everything known to man. Two years ago i developed high blood preasure so i started changing my diet and working out 4 times a day. I felt better for about 6 months and then i started ...
kev543 | Last answer
Hi, I have been having recurrent GI bleeding episodes since 2001. The doctors have rules out H.Pylori, NSAIDS. Everytime the ulcer is at upper duodenum. In the first episode although H.Pylori was ruled out they gave antibiotics and Nexiu...
arti234 | Last answer
I have had this ongoing sensation of wanting to cough combined with an irritative feeling in my throat for about four months. Occasionally the irritated feeling locates below my throat in my windpipe, with some discomfort. Feelings var...
go14 | Last answer
I have been suffering with burning/itching symptoms in my stomach for six months. Initially, my doctor prescribed omeprazol but I could not sleep at night. I consulted my physician again after 4 weeks and was sent in mid February to a s...
Suresh44 | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now