Could this be GERD?
Hi Folks,

For a few years now I have been having an odd squeezing / burning feeling below my left breast.  Does not seem to radiate anywhere else.  Seems to occur after I have eaten a meal that is extremely bad for me such as a greasy pizza or when I engage in a sudden sprint or have to lift heavy objects rapidly, or get really stressed.  Anyway, I have run to the ER several times--Approximately twice a year and each time I am given the same battery of tests.  Chest X-Ray, Blood Work, EKG.  Each time I am discharged with a form that states "The pain you are experiencing does not appear to be coming from your heart” In 2010 I even had a Thallium Stress Test which also came back normal.  Everything I read tells me that symptoms I experience are indicative if Angina.  Should I go and see a Cardiologist?  Or does it sound like a case of Cardio phobia? Possibly upper GI related?  I am a 40-year old Caucasian male.

Hi, yes it can be GERD...more over it could be a hiatal hernia since lifting also exacerbates the issue for u.....

See a GI dr to start....look to family history for other issues that may be a factor for u, heart, etc....since u had testing on ur heart it appears fine, then u do not have to go that route again, GERD can cause it to feel like that , sometimes the vagus nerve is involved....

Do avoid foods that will trigger symptoms, greasy , spicy,acidic,alcoholic, carbonated bevs...keep a journal so u know...see a list in the Health Pages...http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=236

Also modify ur lifestyle as well....elevate the head of ur bed, no tight clothes, no smoking, try to relax and avoid stress....

Because you mention that you get this pain after eating greasy food, it might be gallbladder disease.  Try drinking a cup of grapefruit juice with 2 T of cooking oil when the pain hits.  If it's your gallbladder, you will notice some relief.  If you don't, then try a little baking soda dissolved in a glass of water for GERD.  These are temporary measures.... at least you'll know which way to go.  I hope you feel better soon.