Could this be LPR?
I'm 37 and I just had my tonsils and adenoids out 2 months ago and it did not help my problem.  I still have a sore throat, that is dry, burns and pinches and ear pain with no infection. My ENT released me and said it has nothing to do with my tonsils and that I should go to an endocrinologist, immunologist or infectious disease dr. I have been constantly sick for years with upper respiratory, sinus infections and exhausted beyond normal, along with a constant achy sore body.  I always have excess mucous and a feeling that there is a lump in my throat I can not swallow. My son's speech pathologist says it sounds like LPR from my symptoms and sound of my voice, but could it cause illnesses and fatigue and a sore body.  I am going to an infectious disease dr. this week because I have no options left.  
I don't think LPR would cause your aches and illnesses.  The route you are going seems make a great deal of sense.  It's possible that you have more than one problem.  Keep us informed.
Thx.  Put on Protonix a week ago.  Testing me for a host of frightening illnesses and having sinus and lung ultrasounds.  Waiting on results.