GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Ear infection

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Ear infection

We have had a bad streak lately. Gary has gone through a sinus infection, bronchitis, coxsakie, stomach bug, and now an ear infection in the past couple months. He was prescribed drops because he has been on antibiotics twice in 2 months. I don't think it is getting better after 6 days of drops. Dh & I are going to Virginia for a wedding this weekend so I am going to take him to be checked aging today or tomorrow. The problem with GW is he doesn't recognize or acknowledge pain. Some say it is a result of the ASD. Others have said it is due to the reflux. He has been in pain since birth so it doesn't bother him. This child broke his arm and the was I found out was he calmly told me his arm no longer works. How long do you let an ear infection go before you move to oral antibiotics? Do a lot of your kids have ear infections from reflux? Gary had one a few weeks ago that he didn't tell me about and he got a small hole in his ear drum.
Hi Karen,

I am a believer of treating them as soon as they are an infection ... that is my mom opinion raising 4 kids oldest is 17.  I don't buy into waitng and seeing .. not with the history of my kids (asthma, bronchitis, et al) and GW's history ... with these kids they probably also suffer seasonal allergies and their mucous membranes are being challeneged already .... the antibiotic for a true infection can only help in the risk vs beneft dept.

And, guess what . Jeff (9) gets these infections, too ..........and about to rupture b4 he says, Mom my ear hurts .. ah doy .. is that why your behavior is off the wall!  And, he, too, like GW has known pain his whole baby/toddler life and blocks it to get by.  Sad, isn't it.

My journal entries are on top of the page in the health pages, karen .... I took excerpts from my website and posted them there .. they will help the new moms and even veteran ones, like, us remember we are not alone and the pain our kids suffer in .. it still abounds.

LMK how it goes ................. Cheryl
Yes, research suggests a link .. here is a link, but recently the URL's are being zapped so I'll try to post it 2 ways .. hope it goes thru, if not I will email you with it.

http://www.drgreene.com/21_1074.html

www.drgreene.com/21_1074html

C~
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
Nacht246 commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
SassyLassie joined this community
Welcome them!
Aug 22
SassyLassie commented on About Me
Aug 21