GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Gall Bladder

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Gall Bladder

After eating fried fish I become ill, vomiting and diarrhea. I have watched what I eat over the last several months and this seems to be the trigger. Someone suggested I have my Gall Bladder checked that it may be part of the problem. Is that a possibility? I have had both a Colonoscopy and an endoscopy. The results of each were mild Colitis in the lower 4" of the colon and a "relaxed" LES.  I take Aciphex (20MG) for mild reflux and Cozal for the Colitis. I have removed fried fish from my diet but I don't want to overlook another potential problem. I also experience frequent gas and bloating complemented by mild cramping on the right side. I am going to see my Doctor but send this to solicit your opinion also. Are there any specific questions I need to ask?
Tags: Colitis
Hi SPP123,
You are allergic to fish protein.
Consult your doctor who will do a few tests to find out whether you have allergy.

You also have dyspepsia( frequent gas and bloating). Continue Aciphex .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The information provided is for patients’ education only and is not a medical advice. Always consult your personal physician for complete evaluation of your health problem.

- Ratnakar Kini M.D.
Thanks for the response. I will talk to my Doctor about the possibility of an allergy. It does bring up another question. I eat fish prepared in other ways, baked, broiled and raw and don't have the same reaction. Is there a difference if the fish is fried?
Hi SPPI123,
If only frying of fish causes symptoms, then the cause may be in the oil. Do you use  the same oil for frying anything else?

Do fried fish which you make at home and those you eat in a restuarant both produce symptoms?

Any biopsy taken from the colitis site?  If so what is the biopsy report?

- Ratnakar Kini M.D.