GERD (Acid Reflux) Expert Forum
Heartburn in my back

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Heartburn in my back
Hello, I have lived for several yaers now with GERD, I use Nexium 40mg 2 or 3 times a week, it helps me a lot but I often have a pain in beetween my shoulders after meals epecially fried meals. Could this be the same heartburn I feel in my chest after a meal? It always comes from 1 to 2 hours after a meal. it seams to me that Nexium don`t have any affect on this symptom.
Heartburn though felt mainly behind the breast bone can sometimes radiate to other places including back.

You symptom could be due to gallbladder disease also. An ultrasound scan of the abdomen may be done for evaluation.
Hello, I have been through a ultrasound and everything was fine, I have also been through a gastrskopia and coloscopi inspection and everything was fine. Could this bee acid coming up my oesophagus?