GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Is this normal:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Is this normal:

Hello.  I had an EGD last Wednesday with biopsies taken to determine whether I have Barrett's Esophagus.  My throat was really sore that afternoon after the spray wore off, and due to having to give a presentation first thing Thursday morning - I feel I irritated my throat more and it hurt to swallow all day Thursday.  Friday I felt much better with no pain, though my throat still felt a bit swollen.  Saturday morning my throat starting hurtng a lot - particularly when I swallow saliva.  It's not like a sore throat - it's above my thyroid and the pain/symptoms seem to be getting worse.  Swallowing is very painful.  Has anyone experienced this and is it normal??
Hi...if they went down ur throat it is possible they scratched the inside of ur throat....keep an eye on ur tounge...if u get a white film it could be thrush.....u would need an antibiotic to assist getting rid of this....but ne time u have tubes down ur throat, u run the risk of an infection....

Do consider calling ur Dr and asking the best course of action

"selma"
I just read your post.  Hopefully you are feeling completely better by now.  I just had an EGD yesterday and am experiencing the same symptoms you did.  I, too, am wondering if this is normal.  What happened with you? I called my GI doctor and he seemed to think it unusual.  He told me to drink some Maalox and let him know if I don't feel better in the next 2 days.  I would appreciate hearing what your outcome was.

I have had an EGD with biopsy's taken. I have a very soar throat, hard to swallow, tummy pains, feeling like poo and to top it of a raging head ache. Does anyone know if this is normal?
I had my first EGD yesterday.  I was put out for the test and all went well.  Got home and couple hours later started feeling cruddy.  Throat is not really sore but I have been really tired and achy feeling since yesterday and right under my jaw bones below the ear hurt to touch, so I'm wondering if that's from the thing they put in your mouth to keep it open. Was not like that before I went in.  I'm just worried that I developed some sort of infection but I do not have a fever.  Just achy and tired.
well,it has been 3 months for me,i am sick to my stomach daily and have  digestive problems. i feel it was because of the scope,seeing as i went in because i swallowed a bone and i came out a mess. i am being checked for h pylori and also i am going to get a ultrasound to see if there was structual damage as well as infection.......please let me know if they find anything,still trying to figure out what is wrong
Gastro Tracker
Gastro