Momentary passing out feeling. Gas? Gerd? Or what?
I am a 32 year old male and I am currently having the medical year from hell. These last few months have been stressful on me and I have never felt this stressed in my life. I have recently been getting massage and chiro to combat the stress. I had bloodwork done about 1 month ago and everything came back fine. However this past week I was driving home and all of a sudden felt as if the lights were going to go out. This lasted for a few minutes and then went away. I was driving the next day and walking at my son's school, during this time I felt like crap and like i was going to pass out. I went home and immediately felt better. I have been fine for the past few days and then it happened again today. brief 2-3 mins of feeling like I am going to pass out and then I am fine. I have also had horrible gas during this time, and burp almost non-stop it seems at times and then at other times I have no gas. I am scared and it just seems like another roadblock has popped up as I have been trying to get better. I also had my annual cardio work-up earlier this year, good results again. Any input into what might be going on is appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

With GERD, sometimes the vagus nerve can be involved....Do call ur Dr, and let them know how u have been feeling and  they may find some tests to determine what was going on.

The stress u mentioned could be a factor as well....but it is not safe to drive when this happens so call ur Dr and get in soon,

Post an update on ur progress : )
While the vagus nerve may be involved, you might want to be checked for hypoglycemia.   A low blood sugar episode can also cause syncope. (near faint).   You might want to carry some candy in your pocket and pop one in your mouth when you feel faint.  But, a diet similar to diabetics where the sugar remains stable is the best.  You might want to check with your doctor about a glucose test.  Or go to the nearest health dept. and have them check your sugar.... you could be a low normal..