Question Regarding post nissen fundoplication
I had a nissen fundoplication a little over a year ago.  I was good for a while and then started having problems.  Stomach pain, adominal pain and extreme bowel changes.

I went to my PCP and she order some test, one of which was an upper GI with small bowel study.  The upper GI showed a large stomach ulcer and she feels that this is the cause of my stomach pains and other problems, and wants to put me on medication.

Anyway, my question is:  Is ulcer a possible side effect of the nissen fundoplication procedure?  According to the test results they are saying the ulcer spans from the fundus and down the whole side of the lesser curvature.  Or is it possible that the dr looking at the xrays from the upper gi is mistaking scar tissue in the stomach from the nissen fundoplication with a large stomach ulcer?  I am not discrediting the idea of there being an ulcer, I mean the signs match with what I have been feeling.  I was worried that the ulcer was a side effect of the surgery I had less than a year ago.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I had the Nissen Fundoplication procedure about six months ago, and prior to the surgery I did a lot of researching the complications, etc.  I did see that an uncommon complication is an ulcer.  
Just a thought... is it possible that the procedure allowed you to eat foods that formally would cause GERD, and those same foods now caused an ulcer?
If you learn the answer to your question, I hope you post the information here.
I had some additional test done, and it turns out that my whole stomach is covered in ulcers.  Doctor didn't really give me a reason or cause to the ulcers, but gave me medicines to treat them and sent me home.

So the answer to my question was never answered by the dr.
I have had a Nissen Fundoplication in 2010 and have had some ups and downs with my stomach region. In terms of stomach ulcers, check out salicylates in your diets Fed Up with Sue Dengate is a good start http://fedup.com.au/factsheets/support-factsheets/allergy-or-intolerance
also http://salicylatesensitivity.com/info3/
I have had digestion problems for years and started following the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Elimination Diet from Australia. Lots of my digestive problems went away after a few weeks of following this. During my research I have found that salicylates in foods can cause mouth ulcers and stomach ulcers. Food intolerances play a big part in our health and I always thought that I could eat anything. Have a look a these things and hopefully this may help you out!
Good Luck