GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Stopping omeprazole

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Stopping omeprazole

I have to stop omeprazole two weeks before a blood test to see if i have coeliac. Previous blood tests shoe that i'm anaemic & have low vitamin b12 levels. Does anyone know how long omeprazole take before it gets out of your system.  
I would appreciate any ideas or if anyone has the same thing...
Thanks Juanna
Tags: Blood
HI..I am not sure how long it may take to get out of ur system as I am sure it depends on each individuals system as to how long it takes to move thru......

I am sure ur dr took into account ur history and gave u a time table that he feels will work for u.....

"selma"
Hi! Actually for the last year i have been doing alot research about the gallbladder,IBS, & candida. I found most of the time people have acid reflux is because we are lacking good bacteria (probiotics) & when that happends that lets bad bacteria & yeast(candida) grow & get out of control. Then when that happends you can start to get all kind symptoms like acid reflux,bloating,cramps,constipation,etc. When you add the probiotics back into your body it helps to crowd out the yeast & bad bacteria & repopulate your digestive tract with the good guys probiotics but anytime you add probiotics back into your body you wanna do it slowly. Or else you can get alot die off symptoms from the yeast dying. Its best to slowly increase the amount of probiotics on how well your body is able to flush the toxins out of your body without severe die off symptoms. If you like more information let me know.

April
Why did you have to stop taking omeprazole before testing for celiac?

I was recently tested (blood drawn) for celiac and I had been on daily omeprazole for 9 months. My test came back negative, but my doc never mentioned stopping omeprazole. of course my doc also 'forgot' that she prescribed omeprazole for me in the first place and tried to prescribe it again.
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
selmaS commented on ChitChatNine's status
Dr. Peter Glidden ND
15 hrs ago by gymdandee
ChitChatNine is having fun! Comment