Type of physician to perform Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication

It seems my father needs Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication, or at least, needs to expore that option because his sphincter muscle was loosened four times he had Endoscopies by Gastroenterologies over the course of 10 years, and has been terrible Burning Mouth Syndrome that has been getting worse and worse.

Please tell me what type of physician performs Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication. So far, I have gotten found only General Surgeons, and even one Surgeon who performs Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery (my father is NOT overweigt) using Laproscopic procedures.

If we know what type of physician performs Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication, then we can start consulting with them to find the surgeon my father is most comfortable with.
I would think that the Gastroenterologist would have a list of qualified surgeons, at least mine let me know who did the procedure in my area (Northwest USA).  
I must say I narrowed my choices to two surgeons, both who also do Lapband (Bariatric) surgeries.  Those doctors really know about the stomach, the surgical procedures have similarities.  
Sorry your father has the acid problem in the mouth.  My acid was bad enough to burn my vocal chords and also eroded the enamel off my teeth.  The surgery was successful.  
Contact the hospital or hospitals where you would expect the procedure to take place, ask for a list of qualified surgeons.  I'd choose one who has done lots of the procedures and lean toward someone with Bariatric surgical procedures.  I'm a volunteer in a local trauma hospital and know that Bariatric surgeons are highly regarded.
Best wishes in your search.
Actually the Gastroenterologist who did the four endoscopies that brought my father to this terrible situation was the one who recommended the Bariatric Weight Loss Surgeon. Until I read your reply I thought the Gastroenterologies was full of #$$%^^.

My grandfather had so many health problems and as my father grew up he swore he would never end up like that. Now, my father is suffering perhaps even more than my grandfather even though he has been health conscious his whole life. The endoscopy was preventative medicine that spiraled out of control.

I can go on and on and on. I really appreciate your reply, and will speak to my father and research two or three more doctors with this type of expertise, who can also take into consideration other health problems he has. We have to tackle one-by-one.

Thank you!