GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
reflux and feeding tube

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

reflux and feeding tube

hello, i have a one year old and he was born 3 months earlie. we have been having issues with severe acid reflux and now they want to put a tube in him. he is on diffferent meds for it so its not as bad but he is still in pain. does anyone know if the tube feedings will help with the reflux or even help it go away? i hear different things about it from different drs. i just want to know if we should go with it or wait.
thank you
Hi...I am so sorry u have this decision in front of u and I am sorry that I do not have an experience with this issue.

I do however want to send my prayers for u to find ur answers so u can make the best possible decisions.

Good luck
"selma"
My grandson has the G tube and Nissan and I think this has been the worst thing that a doctor has ever done to him. They convinced my son that he needed to have this surgery for his son to be able to feed. He also was 3 months early and had severe reflux. It did stop the reflux but his life and health iare so messed up because of this tube and Nissan that I wish they would have waited and sought another option. I am not a doctor and do not know if he would have gotten better but he is 3 now and they still will not take it out of him even though he can eat food orally now. It gets infected all of the time and hurts him terribly. You can not hold him against you because it hurts. It grows raunchy skin around it and  stops him from developing normally. I keep begging my son to stop listening to those doctors and take it out of him. He can't throw up so every time he is sick he has to suffer and have nausea. Do not do this to your child if you have any option. Only do this if your child will not survive without it.
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
1 hr ago
Theobaldm1989 commented on advanced niTD
selmaS, and The_Marine_Corp_Brat commented on The_Marine_Corp_Brat's status
Apr 27