weird feeling in throat feels like air comming back up, like an air bubble that causes me to not breath well for like a second.
is this GERD   or what ?    i have this strange feeling  but it has nothing to do with laying down it only hapens  as  im  standing up or sitting,  and i heard acid reflux usually happens when your  in the prone position meaning laying down. anyway,  for about  almosta  year now, i have been have this strange  feeling in my  throat it comes  and  goes its not everyday. could be  days sometimes weeks inbetween episodes. it just so feels as if  an air  bubble is  comming  in my throat causing a  small breathing problem while this is happening.  ANYONE  please help.  ANYONE  FEEL THIS WAY ALSO ?????

This discussion is related to sensation of a bubble in throat.
Hi, it is possible that it is GERD....u will need to see a GI dr to know for sure.

To help this until u see the dr try to elevate the head of ur bed by 4 to 6 inches......

Also watch what u eat prior to going to bed.

Try some relaxation techiques in the evening...stress can add to these issues.

"selma"
it happens all the time to me!
I've been having exactly the same thing and I can't stand it. Have you had a diagnosis yet? I'm really scared not sure what it is. Have you been having weakness and feeling really weak and also having palpitations? I get shocks too, so not only these bubbles coming up and i find it really hard to relax but the heart aswell. Please comment back to me thankyou x
i dont feel  weak just feels like the feleing in my throat feels like a sob after you cry  .  that kinda short nes of breath for a second  .  very acute  , but very annoying !!!
Did anyone get an official diagnosis from the above symptoms?  I am having the same type symptoms to include shortness of breath (off and on).  I've had several tests (pulmonary function test, EKG, chest xray, CT scan) and still no diagnosis.  They thought it was asthma...they finally realize it is not.  Still searching for answers...
I also started experiencing these symtptom, however mine started off with confusion and hot flashes and tiredness and all of a sudden the tiredness left, than it came back, legs went numb, aswell as arms, pains in chest and etc... All test from the ER is stated read fine on everything. Ive been in the ER 113 times in 2 months and they say from anxiety, panic attackics to Gerd. My stomach feels as its throbbing such as a heartbeat and NOW this weird air feeling almost like the feeling you get from belching. Idk it drives me crazy.
me too having same feeling, its like pulse near your voice throat area. it happens and i am coughing one time only then after. i am 45. and first time it was happened to me 5 years back. it generally happens after lunch and in summer i guess.
I have the same feeling.. couldnt even explain it.. but here I found someone who hit the nail... does anyone know whats the cause..
Did anyone ever find an answer? ??? Desperat!!!!!
I have GERD and yes, I've had the feeling of air bubbles caught in my throat. That doesn't mean you have GERD though. See a doctor.