weird feeling in throat feels like air comming back up, like an air bubble that causes me to not breath well for like a second.
is this GERD   or what ?    i have this strange feeling  but it has nothing to do with laying down it only hapens  as  im  standing up or sitting,  and i heard acid reflux usually happens when your  in the prone position meaning laying down. anyway,  for about  almosta  year now, i have been have this strange  feeling in my  throat it comes  and  goes its not everyday. could be  days sometimes weeks inbetween episodes. it just so feels as if  an air  bubble is  comming  in my throat causing a  small breathing problem while this is happening.  ANYONE  please help.  ANYONE  FEEL THIS WAY ALSO ?????

This discussion is related to sensation of a bubble in throat.
Hi, it is possible that it is GERD....u will need to see a GI dr to know for sure.

To help this until u see the dr try to elevate the head of ur bed by 4 to 6 inches......

Also watch what u eat prior to going to bed.

Try some relaxation techiques in the evening...stress can add to these issues.

"selma"
it happens all the time to me!
I've been having exactly the same thing and I can't stand it. Have you had a diagnosis yet? I'm really scared not sure what it is. Have you been having weakness and feeling really weak and also having palpitations? I get shocks too, so not only these bubbles coming up and i find it really hard to relax but the heart aswell. Please comment back to me thankyou x
i dont feel  weak just feels like the feleing in my throat feels like a sob after you cry  .  that kinda short nes of breath for a second  .  very acute  , but very annoying !!!
Did anyone get an official diagnosis from the above symptoms?  I am having the same type symptoms to include shortness of breath (off and on).  I've had several tests (pulmonary function test, EKG, chest xray, CT scan) and still no diagnosis.  They thought it was asthma...they finally realize it is not.  Still searching for answers...