Gallbladder Community
GBEF=3, preferential filling of GB
About This Community:

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

GBEF=3, preferential filling of GB

on HIDA w/cck-  rapid uptake to liver-2 min, into cbd at 12 min. into GB 60 min. progressive filling- likley due to Preferential filling of GB. after 83 min still no entry into small intestine... CCK was administered at 83 min- minimal excretion into the small intestine. GBEF was 3.
on CAT and U/S - minimal inflammation, possible perifluid,mild wall thickening. CBD 5 mm. subtle inflammatory changes in Right parcolic gutter-no fluid or air or wall thickening.
Labs are normal
Several very painful attacks- 1 hospitalization.
Many less painful episodes
NO STONES
DX with bilary dysmobility
Surgeon is recommending I have my GB removed. I am nervous because I dont unerstand how removing the GB could help - esp with preferential filling of GB? Please help me understand if I should electively have my GB removed... THANK YOU for your time!