Gallbladder Community
Gallbladder or pancreas-need opinions please!!!

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Ive had mainly upper left stabbing/squeezing pains for 5 yrs. When I had my first flare my lipase was doubled so we figured it was pancreatitis. Ive had flares on and off since. Sometimes this pain is on the right, sometime in the back. My flares are odd. During a flare I could have these pains  hourly, or just three stabs the entire day. Now during a flare, my lipase is just slightly elevated-never more than 10pts at best.

Other than pain, I get unformed big stools (sorry-gross)

Ive had: 1 ct, 2 mrcp, and 5 EUS (some by the best drs in California)-zero damage or changes to my pancreas.

With that and how my pain presents drs say its not my pancreas, even Stanford.

I had a hida and GB is operating at 28 where 35 is normal. However no stones, inflammation.

One dr thinks this is the reason for my issues.

My questions are:

Does this sound like GB pain?

The pain can get worse if I have a glass of wine which I rarely do.

Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The pain is right or left sided? Left sided pain is unlikely to be due to gallbladder disorders. If while performing the CCK HIDA scan, you had symptoms of pain in the right quadrant, then surgical removal of the gallbladder may help. Sometimes the pain could be due to renal colic. Small stones can obstruct the passage of urine and when the body tries to 'push' against the blockade this results in colic, which is severe attacks of pain. The other causes for the pain could be infections of the bowel and bladder, prolapsed intervertebral disc or inflammatory diseases of the colon. Discuss these options with your doctor when you happen to meet him next time.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Don't what ever you do have your gallbladder removed on a notion "surgical removal of the gallbladder may help" . Gallstones are formed in the liver. Is the pain from stones passing?. Google Search right side pain following gallbladder surgery ( your current symptoms) . You will find thousands of posts with this pain developing post gallbladder removal. THE PAIN WILL NOT GO AWAY BUT GET WORSE. as testified. I have upper right side pain from gallbladder surgery whcih butchered my heath. My body is dying be fore my eyes as a result of the heath complications. Removing gallbladder will cause so many more heath problems, covered up by many MD's and surgeons. I can send you a thousand testimonies of victims of GB surgery removal , their stories of heath complications are horrific. Search curezone for more feedback on URSP