Gallbladder Community
Possible Gallbladder stones?

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

Possible Gallbladder stones?

My main symptoms are bloating, nausea, and fatigue which I have daily, but do not usually last throughout the entire day. Usually the nausea and fatigue come together, and last anywhere from an hour to 5 hours, and than they go away for an hour or two and than come back. These symptoms do not get any better if I eat all healthy fruits, and veggies, nor do they get any worse if I eat greasy foods, and I sometimes have days where I am completely symptom free. In fact I've had times where I was symptom free for 3 days in a row. My symptoms have now been around for about 4 months now. I'm 27 years old and have been very athletic my entire life, except for the last couple of years where I've gained a little weight (10-15lbs). I don't smoke, drink or do drugs, and usually have a relatively healthy diet.

I've had an ultra sound that read:

"Findings:

2 small homogeneously echogenic lesions are identified in the central right liver lobe measuring 7mm respectively. A larger 13mm lesion with an echogenic  ring and central isogenicity hepatic parenchyma is seen in the lateral right lobe, likely in segment 7.
Gallbladder is unremarkable. The hepatic  duct is slightly enlarged at 5.7mm. The common bile duct is suboptimally  visualized due to bowl gas. Pancreases, spleen, kidneys, and midline great vessels are unremarkable. No free fluid or lymphadenopathy.

Impression:

* two 7mm echgenic lesions consistent with hemangiomas in an asymptomatic, otherwise well patient.  The 13mm segment 7 lesion does no demonstrate classic features of hemangioma. Correlation with liver MR may be appropriate in this instance.

* Slight dilation of the common hepatic duct and none visualization common bile duct. Bio Chemical correlation advised. This can be further assessed MRCP. "

My blood work shows:

White blood cells, MCHC, monocytes, eosinophils, calcium, albumin, blood protein, and ALT/AST are all very slightly elevated. No hepatitis.

Based on all this my GI thinks I have gallstones. Are there any other possibilities? He seemed reluctant to discuss other possibilities. I know he's a specialist and he knows best but I have a strong gut feeling that it isn't my gallbladder because First had these symptoms 4 years ago after which I did some blood work and had my alt/ast, albumin, and monoctyes come back elevated,but after a couple weeks everything went back to normal and my symptoms were gone. This has happened a few times over the years and usually happened if I was taking some sort of vitamin at the time or say advil/tylenol over the course of a few days, and the symptoms usually go away in 1-2 weeks except for this time where they've stuck around. I should add I don't have any pain, but I do sometimes get a sensation where I "feel" something on my right side under my ribs. Anyway this could be some liver infection/cyst that's spread to the bile duct instead of a gallbladder stone? or any other issue other than a stone?
One last thing, my bilirubin is normal.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The cause for the dilated bile duct needs to be determined. An MRCP may help to find out the cause. This is merely a specialized MRI scan which doesn't require any scopes be inserted or tubes placed up the bile duct. Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction (SOD) causes biliary type symptoms, common bile duct dilation, and elevations of liver function tests. So, please discuss this possibility with your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Believe me, first thing you want to check is your vitamins and minerals levels, these practitioners are programmed to check for gallbladder first, and then their solution is to take it out, and after they take it out and your pain doesn't go away, they are out of solutions, and all what they can say is that you have to deal with it by changing your dietary habits.
I'm not having any pain, but what I do have is elevated liver enzymes. I also don't drink, smoke, or do any drugs. So i'm at a loss.
There is an underlying condition that caused all that, if you correct it, your liver should be able to heal over time, most possible condition if you don't drink or smoke is prolonged deficiencies in some vitamins or minerals, let them do complete check of those and correct for any until you get all of them in the normal range then you look at other things. Because most diseases are caused by prolonged deficiencies and most Doctors don't pay attention to that.