Gallbladder Community
fattly liver

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

fattly liver

Am going through diags for RUQ; so far all normal (frustrating!!) and am waiting for results from my endoscopy. I was told my liver is slightly fatty and should lose weight-can do. Any other pro-active things I can do? I looked this up online and a glass of red wine was 1 tip, it also vaguely said "don't just eat more fruits and veggies, the correct ones are important so you don't consume too much fructose"; ok..what SHOULD  I eat? Exercise is an obvious-got my yoga stuff back out, I've developed arthritis from Lyme disease and will just do my best. Oh-all my labs are normal and I'm not an alcoholic. I drink a few beers on "date night"-the article said not to drink beer, also easily remedied.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Fatty liver can be due to alcoholism when it is called Alcoholic fatty liver disease and the other one is Non alcoholic fatty liver disease, which is due to obesity, diabetes and high triglyceride levels. This can progress to cirrhosis of the liver and can be associated with hepatocellular carcinoma. So, prevention or cure is by avoiding alcohol and treating diabetes, obesity and high triglyceride levels. Discuss these options with your consulting doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Unfortunately my dr doesn't seem to have time to talk to me-i can't get a different one as I'm on medicaid and have to go where they send me. An ex.: i found out i had Lyme disease by a mssge left on my cell to go p/u my Lyme disease antibiotics at my pharmacy. All my labs are normal, no diabetes, cholesterol perfect, so the fatty liver was a surprise. With the pain I'm having that worsens after I eat a diet jumpstart will be easy. I've been eating Lean Cuisines (surprisingly tasty!) and I happily don't have much of a sweet tooth, I just enjoy eating. I need to find exercise that is comfortable for me-an afternoon of housecleaning yest. resulted in swollen hands and painful hips and knees so this will be trial and error..I'm just worried w/my tests coming back normal for my gallbladder that it's something else more ominous.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You can consume plenty of fruits and vegetables, no issues with that and further it will help you to lose weight and will help to resolve the fatty liver changes. In general avoid all food high in fat and cholesterol. Also avoid all food high in calories and include plenty of high fiber diet. Avoid all fried food, fatty red meat, whole milk diary products and highly processed food. Include plenty of fresh fruits, high fiber vegetables, whole grains, lean meat and low fat dairy products. And Good Luck!!

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.