Gallbladder Community
multiple gallstones

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

multiple gallstones

I have an ultrasound which showed multiple gallstones with the largest measures 8 mm, I went to my Gastroenterologist, she advised for surgery. I have no symptoms except for slight pain at the Upper quadrant of my abdomen. I am 45 years old, male,  diabetic and hypertensive, presently I am on strict no fat diet and almost the pain is gone. I am hesitant to do the surgery, I read some cleansing juice using apple juice,olive oil etc. Does it work? any medication that be dissolve this stone? Do I need to wait for any severe symptom before I submit myself for surgery? please help. thanks

carl66
Hello Carl,

I had my gallbladder removed a few weeks ago "laproscopic surgery" I also had several stones in my gall bladder and was unaware until I went to hospital for back and chest pains. Almost felt like heart burn. I suffered for over  a week. I was admitted into hosp with pancreatitis which was caused due to stones. They told me surgery was the only way. I asked about any other option pills etc to disolve the stones they said that was dangerous because if the stones were to big they would clog up other organs in the body and make my situation worse. I feel ok now am back to work etc. Only time I feel pain is coughing or sneezing. I would ask another doctor for your options. Don't know if this helps but thought I would try. Good luck with it all.
Hello Carl,

Thank for your response, did you eat fatty food now without a problem?

carl66