Bleeding From Rectum.
Last night after I had a bowel movement I noticed that there was a lot of blood in the toilet. Also when I wiped there seemed to be stringy bloody mucus on the tissue paper. I thought this bleeding would stop after I had wiped but it carried on until this morning. I am 20 years old and have suffered from constipation all my life and take various meds to help me along. I do have excessively large bowel movements anyway and have had times when there has been a tiny bit of blood on the paper but never this amount. My rectum is feeling very sore today and I am afraid to have another bowel movement. Have I just torn it or could I have an internal haemorrhoid. For the past 6 weeks after each bowel movement my rectum has felt sore and have had little bleeds. Also for the past 4 months I have been getting very odd, painful stomach cramps. They are very sharp diarrhoea type pains, but minus the diarrhoea. I get severe bloating every morning when I wake up and my tummy can feel full and slightly painful when I am extremely constipated but this pain has been different from the usual, heavy stomach feeling. I am afraid to see my doctor about this as all they say is I need to modify my diet which I know, I have suffered with this for 20 years I have cut out stodgy foods completely and my dietary intake is a lot better and I do feel better for it but my constipation seems to have gotten worse!! I don't feel like I get an honest answer from them and I feel like they can't be bothered to investigate. Does anyone know why I could have been getting the bleeding and the stomach pains? And should I seek medical advice or just ask for over the counter meds?

Thank you
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  You need to see a doctor about this.  It is probably a hemorrhoid but it really needs to be checked out.  You might need to start on some more meds to get your constipation under control.  Things like Miralax and milk of magnesia are good.
I have had bleeding with bowel movements for the past 6 months with no hemoroids, have bouts of constipation and diarreah never a normal bowel movement, doctor sent me for a colonoscopy. Had colonoscopy yesterday and the doctor didn't find any polyps but has done a biopsy as he noticed bleeding in the rectum. Could anyone else who has had similar symptoms help with what could be causing this?